UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

LOL, who can blame him? La Marseillaise is more catchy after all. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

hello everybody,

my names Tomos, i am an undergraduate studying ancient history at Swansea university, ive been reading the forums here for a while and decided it was about time i got involved, as the main thrust of my studies are to do with the Roman Empire/late Republic. so yeah, hello!

hello everybody,

my names Tomos, i am an undergraduate studying ancient history at Swansea university, ive been reading the forums here for a while and decided it was about time i got involved, as the main thrust of my studies are to do with the Roman Empire/late Republic. so yeah, hello!

Salve Tomos... feel free to jump right in.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
Hi my name is Steve and have an avid intrest in History, especially the periods of the Roman Republic and early Empire. I look forward to learning more on this fascinating subject on this site!

Welcome aboard!

-- Nephele

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

My name is Rompe (pronounced Romp). I have been into Ancient Rome all of my life. My favourite time period/Emperor is Caligula. After that, Nero. Just got back from yet another visit to Rome 3 months ago. I am 28 yrs old, Female, and am from Prenzlauer Berg/Berlin Germany, currently residing in the USA. My area of "job" is that in the musik industry, both as a musician and traveling/tour musik/stage tech. I am so happy that I found this board and hope to become a contributing and active member on it!

Hope to make all of your aquantences!

Rompe

Edited by Rompe

Welcome to UNRV Rompe, I'm sure you'll enjoy it around here.

There's plenty of threads about Caligula and Nero around, just do a bit of searching in the Imperium folder and you'll find lots of interesting discussions about your favourite period in Rome.

Enjoy!! :lol:

Welcome to UNRV Rompe, I'm sure you'll enjoy it around here.

There's plenty of threads about Caligula and Nero around, just do a bit of searching in the Imperium folder and you'll find lots of interesting discussions about your favourite period in Rome.

Enjoy!! :blink:

Thank you Gaius Paulinus Maximus and to everyone else who has sent me very warm welcomes on this board! This is the only message board I have tried in a LONG time, kind of rusty on them, but really liking what I am finding on this board. I have been doing a lot of checking on the different topic columns and am finding some intresting topics that have been brought up about Caligula, Nero and many other topics that I am intrested in as well. So so nice :blink:

Hope to see everyone in the different topics and make some great conversation!

PS...do not know if this is the right place to ask or not (yes, you can give me a finger shake if Im naughty and posting in the wrong section!) but, is there a certain place where I would be able to post up a few fotos that I took when I went to Rome in May? I would love to share with others the lovely sites and shots that I got!

Welcome aboard, Rompe!

PS...do not know if this is the right place to ask or not (yes, you can give me a finger shake if Im naughty and posting in the wrong section!) but, is there a certain place where I would be able to post up a few fotos that I took when I went to Rome in May? I would love to share with others the lovely sites and shots that I got!

Ooo, I'd love to see those! You can put up some photos in a topic in the Hora Postilla Thermae, the "After Hours Baths."

-- Nephele

Welcome aboard, Rompe!

Ooo, I'd love to see those! You can put up some photos in a topic in the Hora Postilla Thermae, the "After Hours Baths."

-- Nephele

Thank you thank you thank you :D for the info on where to put those =) I have up a fotobucket of around 200+ fotos that I got while over there on my last (unfortunately short) journey to Rome. I am heading over right now to put up a link to the fotobucket (since posting all of those would take up WAY to much space) so all can see =)

Thank you thank you thank you :D for the info on where to put those =) I have up a fotobucket of around 200+ fotos that I got while over there on my last (unfortunately short) journey to Rome. I am heading over right now to put up a link to the fotobucket (since posting all of those would take up WAY to much space) so all can see =)

There are many good albums here too if you enjoy looking at other peoples photos as well!

And welcome :)

There are many good albums here too if you enjoy looking at other peoples photos as well!

And welcome :)

hey Klingan!

Thanks for the welcome =) I have been noticing some other VERY nice fotos on here that others took. Can never get enough of looking through the eyes of someone elses camera. No 2 shots are ever alike!

Rompe

Hello everyone.

My name is centurion-Macro and I have been interested in history ever since I was a kid. My favorite is Roman history, which I always read about. I am especially interested in the Roman Legions and Navy. I like reading Roman fiction as well, like the Eagle series. I am not an expert with Roman history, but I am still useful in the discussions and I am willing to learn.