UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hi everyone, My name is Ron and I hail from San Francisco. I stumbled across this board and decided to hitch up to learn some more about Roman history. I have basically focused on Greece for the majority of my "historical studies", with a transistion towards Rome in the last year or so. I normally hang out at another site and I see a few people here that I recognize from there, hopefully I can contribute.

Cheers,

Ron

Hi everyone, My name is Ron and I hail from San Francisco. I stumbled across this board and decided to hitch up to learn some more about Roman history. I have basically focused on Greece for the majority of my "historical studies", with a transistion towards Rome in the last year or so. I normally hang out at another site and I see a few people here that I recognize from there, hopefully I can contribute.

Cheers,

Ron

Welcome to the site. You might find us an odd bunch at first, but we are really very nice :lol:

Which site do you normally hang out on? chances are if it is a history site I am a member there.

~I have never been strong on the Greeks myself, as I find them second to Rome. I am very interested in all of history, but Rome, World War 2 and Communism are my favorite bits. What bits of Greece do you focus on the most?

Cheers,

Ron

Welcome to the site. You might find us an odd bunch at first, but we are really very nice :P

Which site do you normally hang out on? chances are if it is a history site I am a member there.

~I have never been strong on the Greeks myself, as I find them second to Rome. I am very interested in all of history, but Rome, World War 2 and Communism are my favorite bits. What bits of Greece do you focus on the most?

Over at Historum ;)

As Viggen said, welcome to UNRV History.

This site will eventually be a comprehensive site on all aspects of Roman era history (not just Rome, but anything within the time period). This will be a constantly changing and updated information resource and will never be "finished". We welcome community discussion on any topic, corrections or disagreements with posted data and anything that will help to improve the site. Any community member is encouraged to add your own original content and receive full credit for authorship, and help grow this site into a major Roman history destination.

Thanks,

primuspilus

Hello all. I am Senium, an American novice historian. I think I will like it here.

Hello all. I am Senium, an American novice historian. I think I will like it here.

Welcome aboard!

-- Nephele

As has already been said, welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find something of interest.

Edited by Melvadius

Hey all, not really a new member but I'm back after a two year hiatus. Hope everything is going well.

I'll be posting again here once I take a look around and see if there are any holes I can fill. Glad to see the site is still maintaining its standards. (Don't know why they let me back in though...)

Welcome back, Spurius!

-- Nephele

Hey all, not really a new member but I'm back after a two year hiatus. Hope everything is going well.

I'll be posting again here once I take a look around and see if there are any holes I can fill. Glad to see the site is still maintaining its standards. (Don't know why they let me back in though...)

Welcome back! I was not here back then, and yes I think everything is going well here :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

i've been lurking for a few months and have at last decided to join in. I'm particularly interested in Roman history so I suppose this is a good place to hang out! Love Rome and have been lucky enough to visit 8 or 9 times. On of my favourite places to visit is the Mithraeum under San Clemente as it is usually possible to be alone down there so the atmosphere is unbelievable! Am equally happy wandering the ruins just building them up in my mind. Was also lucky enough to visit the Domus Aurea twice. Have also participated in the excavation of two villas in England...just getting down and dirty!

Welcome aboard, Stella! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your archaeological experiences.

-- Nephele