UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Guest Scanderbeg

Im guessing one of the other forums is allempires.com right? Great forum for world history. Though the community is not as good as here IMO. Too many overly-nationalistic people there.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your hearty welcome.

The other forum I attend is that of the Societas Via Romana, here's the link:

http://www.societasviaromana.org

I've never heard about allempires.com It's so strange for years I was trying to find a forum about Ancient Rome to share my passion for this period with other and now I suddenly come across so many of them. I guess once you found one you will found loads more because of links etc.

Hi everybody!

I have introduced myslef in the after hours forum, not realising this thread was here. Im an Ancient History student at Birmingham University, and I have found my self here looking for some help on an essay, but I have a real passion for all areas of Ancient History so I was surprised and happy to find forums like this exist - and look forwards to chatting with everyone!

I suppose I should introduce myself.

Just call me Ceres... It's the name I go by in Latin class. I'm a high school senior in Kentucky, US of A that is in her 3rd year of Latin. I have an extreme love for the language, for Roman culture, and Roman history. When I head off to college in the fall, I'll be majoring in Theatre Arts with a minor in Latin and a minor in French.

Umm... I stumbled across this forum as I was searching for information about the fall of Rome and my need of a thesis statement for a research paper about such (which I've posted about on this board... help me?)...

And I suppose that's really all I have to say...

So... salvete et vos convenire gaudio.

Hi there,

Thank you all for the great site and community. I found UNRV looking for good background reading for my research paper which is focused on the decline of the Roman Republic. I have found this site to be a great resource and can finally read Plutarch and Livy and understand them. I have found this period in history to be fascinating and will surely learn all I can about it.

Hey to everyone. You may have noticed ive registered about three times, but only because I didnt want to have the same name as anyone else! Well, a name that was close to another one. I think I have found a name that nobody has; I will be most upset if someone does. ;)

Anyways - must get back to filling my head with info on Rome.

Hi, my name is Julia, and I am an artist and ancient history buff, especially art history. I am also a reenactor whose persona is as a maker of amphorae, which I actually do in real life as well. I reproduce ancient pottery (especially Roman and Minoan) as well as paintings in the style and method of the old Italian and Dutch masters. I ran across this forum because someone posted a question looking for reproductions. But it is also a lot of fun to discuss ancient history with others who have the same passion for it as I do.

Please feel free to visit my website. I have tried to make it an educational and informative site , not just a commercial one.

Okay... finally I found a Roman Empire forum! So, I'm planning to become an active member (not to active off course.. there's no need for a coup d'

Okay... finally I found a Roman Empire forum! So, I'm planning to become an active member...

My sentiments exactly.

My name is Jonny. I am a 24yr old student of architectural technology. I live in Newcastle, a city in the North-East of England. My hobbies include jogging, painting miniatures, clubbing, and drinking vodka. My main interest is Roman history, particularly Imperial Rome and the Emperors (I am strictly amateur, but whan I finish my studies I may take some kind of night class).

Welcome, Trajen. Drink all the vodka you want, I can't get familiar with the stuff. Jack Daniels is more my speed. ;-)