UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Lanista

Boudicca's Daughters

That may well be true, Maty, but the name fits for the character we're writing: it has some resonance at least. I guess a bit like calling the character in Gladiator "Maximus." They could have called him "Lucius", "Quintus", "Marcus" etc - they didn't cos Maximus is big. And great...I think this is the same sort of idea.

I'm just glad it's not Maud or Ethel or something like that... I mean, nothing against those names, but they don't shout "warrioress" to me at least.

I'll look forward to reading this book when it comes out. Make sure you announce the launch to all UNRV members!

PS I guess 'Tartan Sonja' is out of the question?

Edited by Maty

Have you been reading my notes, Maty! Tartan Sonja - actually, that's a good name for a heavy metal band. As long as its an all female one for Scotland.

This isn't for a book: its a speculative TV script. I've just finished the pilot and handed it over to a director...so we'll see where it goes (probably nowhere, but there we are *lol*).

Cheers

Russ

This isn't for a book: its a speculative TV script.

Exciting!

Well... I dunno, Ghost. It's really speculative, but we have a few contacts. Of course, I don't know if its any good, its only at the first draft stage now, so we'll see what happens. But if anything were to come of it, it'd take years to sort out apparently, so I won't be retiring to San Francisco anytime soon!

Cheers

Russ