UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest spartacus

Roman Bloodlines

Rome's economy seems to be indo-european... though it could be so from association. If I remember correctly, there was a old cattle market in Rome... correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see the roman's being cowboys though. Plus, I really like the Trojan story.

---------

Having done considerable research into the Aryan Migration Theory, and exposed to both racist and non-racist positions in support of it, I frankly don't care if people are racists or not, they've contributed massive amounts to the research of the subject, and even if they do find a smoking gun their looking for, nobody will acknowledge the logical political consequences that they would put forth; it's to late for these theories to present serious sociological obstacles within the next few generations.

We won't go back to apartheid if we one day we suddenly discovered that every civilization that appeared in Africa was the result of Pheonicans, so I see no harm in looking time. Let's also explore the theories that the first Europeans before the iceage were black, or the Irish are from the same steppes as the Mongols, or the Chinese come are decendents of Homo Erectus and not from Africa..... I TIRED OF BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

It's time to be independent of nationalism and racism, I fear not looking into them or talking about them, and if I'm to preach the annals of history to others, I will preach it to whoever wants it, without conforming it to any political or theological ideology save perhaps that of the subject people I'm talking about. Racists and liberals alike are equally justified to learning history and making a suggesting, asking questions, or offering opinions.

Political Correctness is a danger to history if we become afraid to ask or acknowledge it for what it was.

About the hair colour of the Romans and Italians...Augustus had blonde hair and didn't Sulla also? I don't believe that the Romans could have come from the Moors....Romans are Whites for crying out loud!

The Sicilians are darker because they were invaded by the Arabs in the Dark Ages and some mixing did occur.

I'm American but my family is 100% Italian and both sides come from the same part of Italy- an area where Pompey's family had great support and in pre-Roman times bordered Umbrian and Samnite territory.

Of course there's been infusion of other genes in the area since, be that as it may most of us [my family] are brown-eyed with a few blue-eyed among us and hair color ranges from black to dirty blonde.

Pre-Roman Italy more commonly called "Ancient Italy" is a fascinating subject. A lot of the evidence points to the original Indo-Europeans all speaking a common Italic language when first settling Italy then splitting up into Latin, Oscan, Umbrian, etc. The theory puts the Italic tribes approaching from the Central/Eastern Europe

I've read the Colleen McCullough series as well, and i love how Caesar (for example) traces his bloodlines back to Gods i.e Venus,Mars etc, obviously to enhance his dignitas.

As far as descendancy is concerned, a lot can be learned from parts of the Roman names i.e Rufus usually indicated someone with red hair, Niger someone with black skin etc.

It is also said the Romans were quite related to Dacians(Thracians) mostly because of their trojan heritage.There are researchers that believe thracians were trojans,also named trajans.

We must all know that Romans were not Italic,they were not from Italy.