UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Spirits

He means that God won his victory with the sacrifice of Jesus for the sins of mankind and that Lucifer turned one third of the angelic host against God, as implied in Revelation 12:4.

Oh.

Spiritus, I'm not going to get into an argument about which spiritual force (if any) influences history. But I don't see the Romans as being any more cruel than any other society. Arena games aside, Roman imperialism was less bloody than many empires before or since.

I believe in spirits. I also believe that we must take responsibility for our actions. I don't think the spirits can or will do everything for me (and why should they?). Spirits can be helpful, but you still have to be willing to work for what you seek and what you have. :D

Silentium,

Yes, if I had been born in Iraq I would probably not be writing this. But I think for those who live in the west, it is hard to justify not taking responsibility for ones own circumstances. "Luck" is something intangible, that is not supernatural in my opinion, merely a random convergence of events that happen to bring about an outcome. What is considered ":good luck" for the lottery winner, is "bad luck" for the other entrants. But this is really getting into mathematics, rather than Roman belief in spirits...sorry

oops, I totally forgot to reply to this thread

Germanicus,

I

actually if there's a thing I really can't understand that is superstition.

My 13th birthday was on Friday 13th. I am VERY superstitious about that number (cat ate my breakfaaaaaast, friends forgot my birthdaaaaay, cake didn't arriiiiiive, got banned from swimming over a misunderstandinnnnnng....) :thumbsup:

Even if your Christian.....do you believe there are spirits in this world that effect our lifes, evil and good spirits that are there. This is just an opinion. Zeke

i like to joint this kind of discusion...but my reply could be very religious and biblical base, i will try later.

actually if there's a thing I really can't understand that is superstition.

My 13th birthday was on Friday 13th. I am VERY superstitious about that number (cat ate my breakfaaaaaast, friends forgot my birthdaaaaay, cake didn't arriiiiiive, got banned from swimming over a misunderstandinnnnnng....) :D

Actually here 13 is a lucky number, whereas 17 is the unlucky one. This shows how inconsistent superstitions are..I remember I used to walk under ladders on purpose to annoy certain superstitious people (and looks like nothing bad happened after that :) )

Even if your Christian.....do you believe there are spirits in this world that affect our lifes, evil and good spirits that...

dear Zeke, because you are the original poster, i like to make some clarification question.

is the spirit you mean like in the film "The Ghost".

Yesterday was Friday the 13...where I'm at (America) its generally reguarded as unlucky, but...for some reason it always turns out to be a very good day for me :(

Before the time of Christ; There were in most religions tales of those who dwelled in the spirit realm having the ability to cause a direct effect on the temporal. Christ is supposedly in one of his acts as a savior of mankind, in his death at Calvary Hill , stopped the direct associations of spirit being and finite adventuring mortals.

I do not know if this is a fact.

The Spirit however is a very real entity. The essence that is in Individual dwells eternally. There is no beginning nor end of the Cosmic Essence that is the energized force charge of the Individuals of cosmic habitation. Time is a created manifestation of things that change. The observer of those changes feels a sense of Time has taken place. A way of measuring drama for the living as temporal.

The spirit world is not restricted to the ground the sea or the air. There is no heaven nor hell. There is no place of destiny as in the temporal ideas of Ilysium or any other Eternal Paradisical manifestation.

Those kinds of perfected ideas , are a result of the hopes and dreams of those who dwell as spirits and seek freedom from the constraints of eternity. Only to have the temporal way of seeming to make it all seem so real and possible.

Thus we have earth and all of it's dynamic interactions.

regards,

When I mean by Spirits.....it is like strong spirtual energy in certain areas, sometimes it takes physical forms. Or thats what I believe anyway.

So in my religion....there are thousands of spirits all around us, from spirits in the water, to spirits that inhabit the trees to spirits that control a certain stones. And then there are places that are devoid of all spirits. Like a super market or something, there is no spirtual energy in a super market becuase it is a superficial place.