UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

IGN, GameSpy to merge

Two of the Internet's leading video game companies, IGN Entertainment and GameSpy Industries, on Thursday said they will merge to create a company offering gaming news, information, downloads, data services and community features.

San Francisco-based IGN and Irvine, Calif.-based GameSpy, both of which are privately held, said the deal is expected to close in the first half of 2004. IGN Chief Executive Mark Jung will be CEO of the combined company, and GameSpy Chairman Mark Surfas will be chief strategy officer. IGN was publicly traded until August, when it went private in a buyout led by Great Hill Partners and the IGN management team. It is best known for both free and subscription content on games and gaming hardware.

Kindof funny for me, the day i decide to check out gamespy, is the day the artical went headline... I don't use gamespy's program, but like to read planet fargo articals (very funny). They said that they will keep there names, but it will be the same company.

Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. is buying Brisbane, California-based video gaming company IGN Entertainment Inc. for about $650 million in an all-cash deal. The company said this is line with its strategy to expand and consolidate its activities in the online entertainment domain.

via ABC Money

gamespy sucks IMHO,All Seeing Eye is my favourite,get it Here

Interesting, I can't imagine what the result will be!

IGN is definitely the best videogaming source and merging with Gamespy can only make it better.