UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Interview with Adrian Goldsworthy

Adrian Goldsworthy is a British historian and military writer. Goldsworthy went to college in Westbourne School, Penarth. Later, after studying ancient and modern history at St John's College, Oxford, he completed a D.Phil in ancient military history from Oxford University. Goldsworthy is the author of such works as The Complete Roman Army, In The Name of Rome and recently Antony and Cleopatra....

Philip Matyszak aka "Maty": Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us. Antony and Cleopatra is a very substantial book, and perhaps the first question to ask is why you decided to tell the story in the first place. So, why Antony and Cleopatra?

Adrian Goldsworthy, aka "Adrian": Firstly because the history of Antony and Cleopatra continues the story which I finished in Caesar: Life of a Colossus. So in a way, this was a logical next step. What drew me to this story was the same thing as I found so interesting about Caesar. I wanted to see how much of the story stood up to close examination, and while I was doing that I could understand more about the two of them [Antony and Cleopatra] and the dramatic changes that were happening in their world....

....read the full interview with Adrian Goldsworthy

Goldsworthy is one of my favourite authors. Thank you so much for this interview. With his new book on Augustus coming out soon, can we excpect a review/interview of the upcoming book too?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Map of the Roman Empire