UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Guest spartacus

Movies Best Quotes

Of all the characters in Gladiator, my favorite was Proximo:

"I am Proximo! I shall be closer to you for the next few days, which will be the last of your miserable lives, than that bitch of a mother who first brought you screaming into this world! I did not pay good money for your company. I paid it so that I might profit from your death. And just as your mother was there at your beginning, I shall be there at your end. And when you die - and die you shall - your transition will be to the sound of... "

[claps his hands]

"Gladiators...I salute you."

Mongol General: "What is best in life?"

Conan: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Conan: "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you will remember, if we were good men, or bad. Why we fought, or how we died. No, all that matters is, that two stood against many. That's what's important. Valour pleases you Crom, so grant me one request, grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then the hell with you!"

Valeria: All my life I've been alone. Many times I've faced death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. But I always passed by.

The Wizard: Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And onto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

Thulsa Doom: Infidel Defilers. They shall all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night.

I just got the Conan DVD today. :P

"John. There's no one in the world as gentle...nor half as terrible."

"I'll never have another day like this, will I?"

"Where this lands, bury us close... and leave us."

- Robin in Robin and Mariam.

"We're jungle animals, Henri. And the dark is all around us. You can see the reflections of their eyes..."

"And they can see ours."

- Eleanor and Henri in The Lion in Winter

"I hope we never die!"

"Do you think there's any chance of it?!!"

- Eleanor and Henri again.

" No, Mr. Bond! I expect you to die!"

- Goldfinger.

"All those moments will be lost, in time....like tears, in the rain."

- Roy in Bladerunner.

Priest:He cant fight my lord,his hands injured.

Godfrey:i once fought for two days with a arrow through my testicle,get up!

kingdom of Heaven

"Groovy"-Evil Dead 2.

"Hail to the King baby"-Evil Dead 3

(use it all the time on my Girlfriend! :P )

The whole "First rank FIRE!, Second rank FIRE!" scene from Zulu. Along with when the men sing "men of Harlech!"... more a scene than a quote though and a damn shame they didnt sing it in Welsh!

oh if u think it sounds good in welsh wait til u hear it in Gaelic or Greek. now there is a song. and oh yea, that was a damn good scene.