UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum User Names

Guest spartacus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is inspired from "Paolo Giovio" from the Italian Renaissance. He was a humanist and historian. I read a bio on him and critiqued it as one of my first customer book reviews at amland amland review I use paolo on most of the forums if I'm not being the 'toon.

The Renaissance/Baroque period interests me for both the art and history. My favourite artist is from the Baroque Movement, GianLorenzo Bernini, mainly known for his sculpture. His Estasi di Santa Teresa is truly inspired.

• 6 months later...

Kyros, Cyrus:

From Κυρος (Kyros), the Greek form of the Persian name K

Lost_Warrior...really has nothing to do with Rome lol I thought of using a Roman name...for about 10 seconds then realized I'd never think of one to suit...at least not at the time I hadn't.

Lost_Warrior is also part of my email. I'm a warrior, and I'm lost (or forgotten). I'm lost, but I'm making good time :romansoldier:

The name Violentilla (Violent one) is from Statius’ Silvae, she was the wife of Stella and a dominant woman, who ran a boarding house, I believe. I loved the sound of it, even though I say it wrong in my head (I don't pronounce the 'll's)

Anyway, I chose the name when I joined Nova Roma, which I am only a fringe member of now, because I have a local gens that studies the Religio, my main interest. I still love the name though!