UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

True Blood

Who else got hooked on Tru Blood? I NEVER EVER thought that vampire could remotley interest me, but oh boy, this series kicks ass...

HBO has done it again imo...

...and what an opening credit including nice song

I watched the first season on DVD. I thought it was pretty good.

I was going to buy the next 2 seasons, but I hear they aren't as good.

*** I wanna do bad things with you **** B)

Love the series! And the soundtrack...wow...

I love a bit of True Blood.

Blood and gore, hot vampire chicks and "Fang Bangers" as they are known in the show, werewolves, shape shifters, fairies and not to mention the surprisingly addictive storylines too!

The second series has just finished over here, can't wait for the next one to kick in! What will they come up with next???

While we're on the subject of Vampires, anyone watch The Vampire Diaries?? I know its aimed at teenagers and I'm an adult (my wife thinks thats debatable!) but I love this show, I suppose you could call it my guilty secret/pleasure!!!:rolleyes:

While we're on the subject of Vampires, anyone watch The Vampire Diaries?? I know its aimed at teenagers and I'm an adult (my wife thinks thats debatable!) but I love this show, I suppose you could call it my guilty secret/pleasure!!!:rolleyes:

Haven't seen the show, but I had a similar relationship with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I've only seen the first episode of Tru Blood but I didn't get hooked mostly because of those irritating heavy Southern accents. Maybe I should give it another try.

I love The Vampire Diaries first of all because of the good looking and talented actors, especially Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder. Keeping a feeling of drama and suspense is difficult, especially in a lengthy TV series, but here they do it very well not only by all kinds of plot twists but, highly unusual, by killing fairly important characters and that keeps one guessing. They also allow a high degree of moral complexity and ambiguity to the characters so they can act surprisingly sometimes and the good guys/bad guys line is sometimes blurry. The dark cinematography, the elegant sets and the occasional use of beautiful costumes adds to the gorgeous actors to make it visually appealing. Did not meant to make a review but I guess I really like it :P

...yeah the southern accent is a bit difficult to get used to at first, but i got past that pretty quick, because of the story line, i finished now first season and seen first episode of second season, and one thing is so far for sure, the writers like to keep on killing members of the cast, LOL, really great stuff...

Kosmo, Well said my friend :thumbsup:

You summed up The Vampire Diaries perfectly. The show never get's boring or predictable and always ends leaving you wanting more. A sure fire sign of a show that;s extremely well written and well acted by those oh so beautiful young people!!

Mystic Falls is the place to be!!! :lol:

...just finshed now season 3,

AWESOME! :)

getting better all the time, not going to reveal any spoilers, just that much, season 2 is lot to do with a Maenad

cant wait for season four..

to anyone who already seen already season three,

is the King of Mississippi not the most glorious asshole?

beware this is BLOODY awesome...

Mystic Falls is the place to be!!! :lol:

Not with that mortality rate! :unsure:

I watched True Blood and enjoyed it a lot. Behind the thin veil of fantasy there is often a morality tale and a lot of humor.

My favorite character is Eric maybe because he is a more traditional vampire among those colorful rednecks from different species.

So I watched Season 2. Not as good as Season 1, but it wasn't as bad as most of the reviews on Amazon led me to believe.

Just ordered Season 3. Can't wait!

As I was watching "True Blood" Sunday evening, it occurred to me that the program was developing into a Russian novel with more charactes and conflicts than is good for the longevity of the series.

We now have had ghosts, maenads, witches, vampires, shapeshifters, werewolves, werepanthers, fairies, and telepaths. And Arlene's baby, whatever he is/was.

What's next? Ancient aliens?

Each one of these has or has had a storyline that ranges from the sublime to the sublimely ridiculous. For example, Sunday night Andy, whose would be girl friend is a witch, got laid by a fairy. What's that all about?

The writing is becoming too diluted and plot twists are becoming convoluted. At this rate, it wont be long before audiences grow weary and start feeling they're being played like trout. It's like "Dallas" when Bobby awoke from his dream.

And that will be the downfall of the series.

I initially couldn't get past Anna Paquin and her ratshit acting. But now I've watched a few episodes and managed to filter out Paquin, I quite like the series. I had also lumped it in with Twilight and all of those teenage type vampire melodramas, but after watching True Blood for a while, I realised this was unfair. I'm not exactly hooked, but it's growing on me.