UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Re-enactment

Although we are a small Roman Re-enactment group we would like your views on how we could set up a forum for members of re-enactment groups. Would anyone be interested in discussing ways that groups could improve on their displays, costumes etc. This need not be limited to the UK but could involve discussion from all around the world. I see this as a good thread but what are your views and what would you include on the site.

Guest spartacus

To raise Funds, how about doing videos of shows, displays and selling them

I will buy one :)

Mock battles pull in the crowds ;)

well, in belegarth, the re-enacment group im a part of... several realms (cities/groups) have made their own promotional videos, and some have even had commercials played on local tv channels. we do alot of demoing, at malls and such. we make pamplets... anything to get the word out there about us. once we get more people then we get a wide spread opinion on what should be done as a group. alot of realms have dues to pay in order to me a meber, usually its like 5$ every 6 months, and some units (smaller groups inside the realm) may pay higher dues for any such reason.

as far as our structure, we have a national board at www.belegarth.com and on the fourms, there is a war council and they decide and vote on the rules and how we are portrayed and things of that nature...

hope that has helped some what...

There really already is such a forum at Roman Army Talk, but discussion there is heavily weighted towards military activity. Living history is a different animal in some respects, but you still might want to check out RAT's forum/site.

Another source site is Roman Hideout. There isn't a discussion forum as far as I know, but there seems to be considerable information for re-enactment groups.