UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Farewell Britannia by Simon Young

parthianbow

OK, so I've looked through the threads and can't find any posts about this book. Excuse me if there already are.

I happened upon this book by chance a while back. Don't let the poor cover put you off - it looks like something drawn by a 5 year old, but what is within the covers is a little gem. It's a series of short stories covering the history of Roman Britain through the eyes of generation after generation of the same Roman family. The author has used little gems of real information or archaeological finds to weave into the stories - they are tremendously effective, and the book is very well-written.

A definite five out of five stars.

Amazon.com

Amazon UK

Ben - this looks very interesting actually. Seems it's not available in the US.

...looking around to see if there's a ebook copy floating around and accessible anywhere

J

Jason try here:

Waterstones

Or

Amazon Kindle edition

Jason what do you mean it is not available in the US? The link Ben gave is to Amazon.com for a kindle edition, and if you look below it gives the option to paperback and hardcover...

http://www.amazon.co...05794474&sr=8-2 and when you look for "new" you get from third party shops wihin the USA a copy for 10 bucks http://www.amazon.co...2&condition=new (Grey Thunder Trading from Florida)

cheers

viggen

Yeah...I see...I dunno what the hell I was looking at before. It clearly stated that the book wasn't available to consumers in the US.

Um. Nevermind. :-)

You're welcome. I hope you all enjoy it. I thought it was absolutely tremendous, and it got great press reviews, but it doesn't seem to have sold well, sadly. It's out of print already in the UK :-(