UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Primus Pilus

Fare Thee Well Pontifex Maximus

Guest Scanderbeg

His not yet dead. But his not looking good at all. Many don't expect him to live through the weekend. We all knew this day was not too far away. Theres no real reason to be sad. He led a long and full life and was a great Pope. We would be lucky to live a life as full as his. Good man! When i was still iving in my old country. After Communism ended he came there. The whole city went to cheer him. Surprisingly that is supposed to be a muslim city.

Even as a Protestant I have like John Paul II. He has been very open in his dealing with all faiths and other Christians outside the Catholic church. He has been one of the more 'spiritual' of the popes as well.

Guest Scanderbeg

It appears is to be barely holding. It appears his death is imminent. I just hope it can be peaceful.

We will see what the gods have in store for Pope John Paul, good man.

Zeke

A vatican senior official just reported that there is no pope. As a protestan I can say that the importance of the pope goes far beyond the catholic religion as even Zeke a polythestic i am sure will pray for the pope. Pope John Paul II was more than a religious leader, he was a political leader and a humanitarian. Since I am going to sleep soon and the pope will likely fall into his eternal sleep before I wake up. Rest in peace John Paul and thanks for everything you have done, I can only dream to accomplish a quarter of the amount of things he has.

Guest Scanderbeg

According to the Vatican. there is no pope right now. I wonder who the next one will be. Who ever it is he will have to have some big feet to fit his shoes. In the future, they will probably be referring to him as John Paul The Great. Definately one of the better popes. I don't even know who he succeeded

The Pope is officially dead.

May he Rest in Peace.

So it was not an April Fools then? (hahah...)

I'm not a religious person, but Paulus has my respect. I liked his initiatives to bring more multiculture to the Vatican and the way he tried to sooth the three major monoisthic religions.

Im not Catholic, i actually despise the Catholic clergy in general, but Pope John Paul II was a man worthy of my respect. He used his "power" to attempt to make peace in the world, and he traveled alot instead of staying locked up in the See of Rome.

If you see a bunch of warriors training for battle all day, and feasting all night, dont fear. You're in Valhalla, your Heaven is on the right. <_<