UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CenPrinCohILegVIVictPF

Reenactors

How many of the people in this forum are Reenacting Rome? If you are, what period, who with, and for how long? If you're not, why not?

Just wondering....

And, yes, I'm a reenactor. I'm a second century, Hadrianic, Legionary with the Sixth Legion Victorius Ever Faithful, as recreated by the Legion Six Historical Foundation in Los Angeles California. I've been running the group for five years. Our website is at LegionSix.org

Si vales, valeo

Magnus

Guest Scanderbeg

I would love to do it. Unfortunately, I live here in the east states and people here dont tend to share the same enthusiasm for the empire that is in Britain and I guess the west coast.

But all shall be well. For in the future, Roman historical movies will be out bearing my name. :blink:

I actually really want to write a Second Punic War movie..

Ave Scanderbeg,

Actually, most of the Roman reenactors in the US are east of the Mississippi. Leg XX in Maryland, XXIV in Penn, XIV in KY, XXI in OH, XXX in NY... Where are you? I'm sure there's someone within a few hours drive.

Vale

Magnus

I also would but, alas there is no such organization already existing here in Michigan. I'm afraid I don't have the time, patience or leadership credentials to get it started on my own.

a kid i knew was in a legion and he lived near philadelphia.

www.9thsovietguards.com in case your interested in ww2 scanderbeg, we're based out of jersey and long island.

scand, here is a group in the former group that i fought with, they are located in the maryland area... a lil far from you but you could maybe contect them for info about things...

http://www.romanempire.net/romepage/

they are in the group Dagorhir... my groupd slipt from them for political reasons, we are called Belegarth. the groups we are in are mainly fantasy reenactment (which i dispise) but i myself try hard to do things from a historical aspect. as i said in the hobbies topic in the OT on here, i stated that i was making some armour that is scythian inspired.

ther is an event i am going to on april 14th... if you guys would like i can post pics of it for you B)

hey cen, i was looking at your site and in the images i noticed that your group helped make the documentary of hannible on the history channel? were you yourself in the show??

I also would but, alas there is no such organization already existing here in Michigan. I'm afraid I don't have the time, patience or leadership credentials to get it started on my own.

I hear you -- I think Michigan has reenactors in everything except this -- very frustrating. But I too do not have the time to start one.

I set up a re-enactment group 3 years ago, we were called the Moridunum Detachment Secunda Augusta but we have now changed our name to III Cohors, Legionis Secundae Augustae because no-one could spell our name. At present we do not have a website but perhaps in the future!!!

i would love to be a re-anactor...but i cant find any groupss here in Sydney Australia ... if anyone know groups in sydney please tell me lol :angry:

Skel, Yes I was in the Hannibal filming as a Carthiginian, because of my beard. Facial hair was very un chic in Rome at the time of the Punic Wars. I was the Carth in the longer mail.

Honorius, try the Sydney Historical Society at

Legio VIIII Hispania they are active and in your neck of the woods.

For the two of you in Michigan, Legio VII in Canton OH is just forming and is looking for members

Legio VII Claudia Pia Fidelis Or try Leg XXII in Cincinatti, OH at Legio XXII Primigenia. They are a very active and well run unit with members as far off as Kentucky.

Maximus, where is your unit? Can I have your contact information so that I can post it on my unit's links page? That way other Romans in your area could at least snail mail you.

Scanderbeg, there is another Legion VI in Albany, NY at

Legio VI Victrix. I don't know how active they are, as they never seem to respond to my emails, but you might give them a try.

Gaius Manlius Magnus

Centurio Princeps Cohors I Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis

We are based in Honiton, Devon, England, our e-mail address is on the file. I will e-mail you with all the other details.

Wow, listening to you guys makes me wish that I didn't live in Hawaii, where History is frowned upon.