UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
romantimetable

New Book on Ancient Roman History

Hi everyone!

I have a site for my new book entitled "The Roman Timetable - Book on Time Management and Ancient History" found at http://www.theromantimetable.com. I just want to request everyone to take a look at it and give an honest review about it...

Thanks in advance.. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I saw that for sale in the British Museum on friday, but haven't yet picked up a copy... B)

The brief description on your website had me straight away; I LOVE stuff like that. However, being a typical Yorkshireman I had a huge wall of cynicism holding me back vis-a-vis how much it might cost me.

The link took me to the US Amazon website, where there was the first hint that the wall of cynicism may start to crumble a little - there was only a single digit between the dollar sign and the decimal point.

Browsing the UK Amazon store I was delighted to find that, at

By the way, RTT, I have some homework for you. Go away and pen a similar work on the subject of Roman navigation and mapping. I'll start saving my pennies right now!

Hi there,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the snippet of my book. Yes, it is retailing at $8.99 AUD. Getting the price right on Amazon is quite a challenge, and fear not, there much more after the sneak preview. I decided to write the book in an informal accessible style but without sacrificing on carefully considered content. After all, a book like that should be fun to read.

Once again, I'm indebted to the Oxford Latin course book's cultural snippet that first got me thinking about the Roman timetable and wondering what would happen if I tried it out now.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for making such great comments... sorry for the late reply,

Simon Young

Thanks to Roman-timetable (Simon) for supplying a copy of the book for review. I intend to have it read and reviewed for UNRV by mid October.

I loved it, and have been onto Amazon already to add the book to my Kindle. This is exactly the sort of info that everyone wants to know but hasn't the time to do for themselves so thank you for that. And thank you for the price too. The website is great, hooks you immediately so no worries there :D

Update: I have now started reading this book. Watch this space for my review.

Update: I have now finished reading this book, and just started writing up my review (a little later than promised, for which I apologise).

To really, really, really paraphrase what I'm going to write in the review. "Get it read! You'll find it interesting".

Update: I have now finished reading this book, and just started writing up my review (a little later than promised, for which I apologise).

To really, really, really paraphrase what I'm going to write in the review. "Get it read! You'll find it interesting".

Looking forward to reading the review. Thanks once again GhostOfClayton!

Simon

Latest update:

I have completed the review and submitted it.

Over to you, Viggen.

Latest update:

I have completed the review and submitted it.

Over to you, Viggen.

Hi there GhostOfClayton,

It looks as though the review may not make it to the news page, I asked the general contact mail a couple of weeks ago about it but, alas, had no reply. I am very interesting in reading the review though and if it's not going onto the site, perhaps you could email it to me? info@theromantimetable.com

Kind regards

Simon Young

When I get home I'll dig it out for you, RTT.

By the miracle of e-mail, I now have a copy. It's no secret, so I'm happy to share it with all:

Edited by GhostOfClayton