UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gaius Paulinus Maximus

One for the Macro and Cato fans

I've just finished reading the latest adventure of Macro and Cato, for those that don't know, they are the heroes of the Simon Scarrow novels set during the reign of the emperor Claudius.

Whilst reading these books I've often wondered if they ever decided to transfer these guys onto the big screen ( I wish!!) then which actors would play the parts of Macro and Cato??

Macro

Macro is a veteran of the Second Legion (the

For Macro I really want to say James Purefoy, but I suspect he would not not fit the criteria...

For Cato I have no idea, but if the actor has any muscle on him whatsoever then he would not fit the part...

Macro is the tricky one for me too, Russell Crowe is probably the obvious one as Is James Purefoy but I fear they would then be compared too much to thier roles in Gladiator and Rome, I think maybe to typecast for them?

What about Jason Statham?? Or maybe even Vigo Mortisen??

As for Cato I think Shia Lebouf from the Transformer films would be pretty good. He's young fairly tall, quite geeky like I imagine Cato to be, especially in the earlier books. Or What about Justin Timberlake???:unsure:

I think that one guy from HBO's Rome would be perfect for Macro. The guy who played the Centurion guarding Attia's house after Octavian forced her to stay there, and made Antony go to Egypt. I have no idea what the guy's name is, but he was stocky and had a strong chin. LOL

Edited by NoJobRob

You mean this guy? Lucius Vorenus, played by Kevin McKidd

LuciusVorenus-ep03_1.jpg

You mean this guy? Lucius Vorenus, played by Kevin McKidd

LuciusVorenus-ep03_1.jpg

No, not him, the other centurion. The guy with the butt chin. LOL He's the guy Antony said "Don't push me to violence, centurion..." to. About 39 minutes into episode 8 of season 2... I tried capturing an image of him with Snagit, but it doesn't seem to work on paused video. :blink:

You've got me curious. I need to watch it (when I get back home to my DVD player.)