UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Anyone going to Rome in th eFall

Lee

Hi all , just got back Rome last week . Had a few surprises at the Forum.The small Temple of Romulus is now open to the public .The recent theme in Rome this summer has been Nero so they are showing videos in the Temple of Romulus of " how Hollywood viewed Nero"

Also the Garden of the Vestal Virgins is open again to the public. On the Palatine they have allowed the public to visit the South Eastern end of the hill in back of the Stadium of Domitian area. Also they have opened up the dig on the Palatine where thy have supposedly found the revolving dome of Nero's Golden House. It was just being worked on last year when I was there but they now have a sizable excavation and they allow the public to walk

over it and look inside .

Attached are a few pics I shot .

TempleofRomulus-2.jpg

TempleofRomulus-2.jpg

AreaofDomitian.jpg

GardenoftheVestalVirgins-1.jpg

Revolving dome dig

DSC04424.jpg

GardenoftheVestalVirgins-3.jpg

Dome dig from below DSC04668.jpg

Some interesting views there. Looks like you had a good trip.

A treat for my 50th Brithday, maybe?

I'm coming late to this posting, but thanks for the pix. I've only been to Rome once, but there's something about it that has me completely mesmerized. My wife and I went about 3 years ago and I'm trying to convince the family to all go next summer.

We've been looking at family tours, but honestly, I can't find any difference between a 'family' tour and any other kind of tour.

Thanks again for sharing.

J