UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

New Roman History Books (September 2011)

Viggen

Below are the newest releases for September...

Cleopatra: A Life [Paperback]

IMPERIAL GENERAL: The Remarkable Career of Petellius Cerialis

The First Scientist: Anaximander and His Legacy

The Complete Roman Army (The Complete Series) [Paperback]

Caligula: A Biography [Hardcover]

The Homeric Hymns: Interpretative Essays

The Ghosts of Cannae: Hannibal and the Darkest Hour of the Roman Republic [Paperback]

Ancient Rome, Greece & Egypt: A Chronicle of Politics, Battles, Beliefs, Mythology, Art and Architecture, Shown in over 1700 Photographs and Artworks

Letter and Report on the Discoveries at Herculaneum [Paperback]

Dating and Interpreting the Past in the Western Roman Empire

Eating to Excess: The Meaning of Gluttony and the Fat Body in the Ancient World [Hardcover]

Hadrian (British Museum Research Publication) [Paperback]

Tacitus and the Principate: From Augustus to Domitian (Greece and Rome: Texts and Contexts) [Paperback]

Meditations: with selected correspondence (Oxford World's Classics)

Roman Republics [Paperback]

Constructing Communities in the Late Roman Countryside

Demography and the Graeco-Roman World: New Insights and Approaches

The Freedman in Roman Art and Art History [Paperback]

London's Roman Amphitheatre (MoLAS Monograph) [Paperback]

Maritime Archaeology and Ancient Trade in the Mediterranean

Sacred Violence: African Christians and Sectarian Hatred in the Age of Augustine

Julius Caesar: The Colossus of Rome (Roman Imperial Biographies)

Wearing the Cloak: Dressing the Soldier in Roman Times

The Iliad in a Nutshell: Visualizing Epic on the Tabulae Iliacae

The Roman History: From Romulus and the Foundation of Rome to the Reign of the Emperor Tiberius

The Last Legionary: Life as a Roman Soldier in Britain AD400 [Paperback]

Imperial General by Maty will definately be going on my list, sounds like a very interesting read.

The Caligula book sounds pretty good too, I'd be interested to see just how different a story the author tells.

A good selection of books this month Viggen!

Imperial General by Maty will definately be going on my list, sounds like a very interesting read.

It was certainly a fun one to write. I think the printers were caught out by how many pre-publication orders there were, so there's now a delay in stocks reaching Amazon. Who would have thought Petillius Cerialis had so many fans?

It was certainly a fun one to write. I think the printers were caught out by how many pre-publication orders there were, so there's now a delay in stocks reaching Amazon. Who would have thought Petillius Cerialis had so many fans?

Yes I know, I've just been on to Amazon to buy the book only to be told that it's out of stock!! :angry:

He certainly sounds like an interesting kind of guy though, the kind of all out action hero that we see in the movies!

The book on demography sounds interesting, their are so many conflicting thesis on ancient demography that this book could usefully clear the issue, although it seems quite a technical book. Maritime archeology could be a fine read too, especially if well endowed with pictures of the wrecks (but the link seems to be wrong...). Maty's latest seems very interesting too, I'll probably order it whenever I got some funds (for, truly, spending more than 500