UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Crispina

The Viking Queen

Saw a little bit of this movie on TV last night - while watching the scene during the opening credits with the two guys in the chariot racing across the terrain, all I could say is YIKES! how did they keep from falling out of that thing! I've driven a horse and carriage, and let me tell you whoever did that stunt had to have guts! :lol: By the looks of this trailer, I missed the best parts. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDjyP4N6Quw

I agree. After seeing the trailer I had a look around and found one review site bewailing the fact that there were no 'Vikings' in the film. I do wonder if the title was someone at Hammer's idea of an in-joke because they had gotten someone from Finland to play the title role. :rolleyes:

I really wish you could see the opening scene I mentioned (as the credits roll - not the one in the trailer), it's totally insane. Makes the chariot race in Ben Hur seem tame.

I really wish you could see the opening scene I mentioned (as the credits roll - not the one in the trailer), it's totally insane. Makes the chariot race in Ben Hur seem tame.

I tried to find the clip, but instead found a later scene of TVQ and the Roman racing chariots which wasn't too bad. Going back to that opening scene, I read this: Crew or equipment visible: Production equipment clearly visible at end of opening scene, when Tristram (Patrick Troughton) rides away from Romans in chariot. Look for a light blue cloth covering a cart of white and stainless steel objects, perhaps the film crew's lunch wagon, just as the chariot turns away. The more I read and look at video clips, the more I think I should have watched this film.

Amazon could get it to me for less than a fiver. I'm so tempted.

Do it, Ghost, do it! You know you want to. It was on Turner's Movie Classics channel over here and probably will be repeated at some point.

Do it, Ghost, do it! You know you want to. It was on Turner's Movie Classics channel over here and probably will be repeated at some point.

Me too!! This looks hilarious. I especially liked the bit where the legionaries patiently waited for the scythe - wheeled chariot, and all fell to the ground screaming as it rode past, presumably after having their legs sliced off by the scythes! Brilliant.

Me too!! This looks hilarious. I especially liked the bit where the legionaries patiently waited for the scythe - wheeled chariot, and all fell to the ground screaming as it rode past, presumably after having their legs sliced off by the scythes! Brilliant.

OK, I've bit - it's not yet in stock (despie what says) but should be sent out by 3 Nov. Now have I still got my rubber brick handy?