UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

I also discovered that I allowed 'guests' to post while I was making various settings adjustments. I believe that has been remedied so that posters must take the time to register.

Not only does this allow for proper tracking, but it keeps regular users from forgetting to sign in. (making their posts anonymous and also affecting their post count) In addition, it seems to me that registering before asking a question at least shows that a single time visitor has enough respect for our time to take the time to fill out the very modest registration details.

I think that a guest should be allowed to post a question or comment in the " Roman Empire " Forum -and only the "Roman Empire" Forum - without registration.

It should be made clear in the Guidelines that much stricter moderating will take place in that forum and abusers will face rapid IP banning.

This would create more of a hassle for you and Ursus, but I think that it is vital to have a place for unregistered guests to ask questions. It will help the traffic flow to this site (if that is what you want) and possibly interest some people to the point of becoming members.

Plus, it it does blow up into a monster, you can always shut down guests and make them register again.

I'm throwing this up for public comment. Anyone?

Well, we're approaching 500 registered members, and maybe 20 of them post with any regularity. So just because someone becomes a registered member doesn't mean they'll become a valued member, know what I mean? ;-)

Having a forum specifically set aside for questions by "guests" is not a bad idea. But I'd prefer it to be its own specific area, designed solely for that purpose, and not connected in any way with the regular member forums. It would be easier to moderate that way. Call it the Guest Room, or whatever.