UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Adjusting Board Titles To Roman Political System?

Guest Scanderbeg

Guest Scanderbeg

This board seems to be growing no doubt. I was wondering maybe for the future setting up member titles like Roman political system to sort of reenact their politics. It oculd be fun in the future when there are more members. I doubt it would work very well now.

For examples:

Since there are three top guys(Primus, Moonlapse and Viggen). You could setup the famous Triumvirate.

We could setup assemblies in which we vote for Novus homo. As people gain more respect etc.

The three assemblies could be like the regular ones they had:

*Consilum Plebis- The original fuction was for the plebians to vote. Obviously membership cannot be based on ancestry(well it could happen in the future :) ). This would be just for the regualr members to vote.

*Comitia Tributa

*Comitia Centuriata

I dont know how to exactly apply the other two but obviously they would be for the "upper" rank people.

The road would start like this:

Senator- This start it all. Your political career will be distinguished here. Snators could be picked every once in a while( would be be decided later).

Ofcourse there are requirements: To be a senator one muct hold a certain amount of reputation points and posts. A relatively low amount.

this would basically how it would go. As a character distinguishes himself he may go higher and higher from questor to Aedile to Preator, Consul and then Censor.

How does that sound?

I never paid much attention to the ranking system, quite frankly. Of our 500 members, 20-30 post with any regularity and after a while you know who has something worth while to say.

Having said that, if we are to have a ranking system, a political rather than a military system would probably be more meaningful.

And I like the "triumverate" model for our three admins. So which one is Caesar, which is Pompeii, and which is Crassus? :)

• 2 weeks later...