Aetius: Attila's Nemesis

Hi all.

Just to let anybody with an interest in

Edited by sonic

That's just not good enough Sonic!!

Tell them to get their fingers out!:P

They've used superglue and are waiting for the solvent from ebay!! :lol:

From your picture, you are looking younger and younger all the time. B)

guy also known as gaius

This sort of excuse just doesn't wash with us Kindle users!

Maybe the superglue has stuck their fingers where they can't reach the keys to load the book on to Kindle? :unsure:

Maybe the superglue has stuck their fingers where they can't reach the keys to load the book on to Kindle? :unsure:

Hah nice come back!!

What do you say to that then Ghost???:D

Hah nice come back!!

Is your book fiction?

Cinzia

Is your book fiction?

Cinzia

Hi Cinzia

No, it's not fiction. It's a biography of Aetius, following on from my books on Belisarius and Stilicho. It's an attempt to outline the events of his life, including his wars with the Goths, the loss of Africa to the Vandals, and the epic conflict at the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains with Attila the Hun.

Obviously, given the poor quality of the sources, there are quite a few gaps, but I have found a few pieces of information when writing and researching the book that surprised me!

For more information, have a look at my website.

Ian

Hah nice come back!!

:naughty:

Is your book fiction?

Cinzia

Hi Cinzia

No, it's not fiction. It's a biography of Aetius, following on from my books on Belisarius and Stilicho. It's an attempt to outline the events of his life, including his wars with the Goths, the loss of Africa to the Vandals, and the epic conflict at the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains with Attila the Hun.

Obviously, given the poor quality of the sources, there are quite a few gaps, but I have found a few pieces of information when writing and researching the book that surprised me!

For more information, have a look at my website.

Ian

Ian,

When your book comes out, I'd like to read it. My novel climaxes at Catalaunum. Although Attila and Aetius are not lead characters in my story, they do play a part (Aetius more than Attila). I'm in a final revision, but it might have been nice to have used your work as another resource. Cinzia

Ian,

When your book comes out, I'd like to read it. My novel climaxes at Catalaunum. Although Attila and Aetius are not lead characters in my story, they do play a part (Aetius more than Attila). I'm in a final revision, but it might have been nice to have used your work as another resource. Cinzia

Well, it's only another 3-4 weeks at the most. Maybe time to 'delay' the final revision?? :naughty::ph34r:

So what exactly is the novel about?

Edited by sonic

Ian,

Well, it's only another 3-4 weeks at the most. Maybe time to 'delay' the final revision?? :naughty::ph34r:

It may take that long to reach the end. LOL However, I'm trying for a drop dead date of March 1, but I will still read your book.

A Roman senator's daughter acts as a diplomatic envoy to the barbarians being solicited by Rome to fight against Attila. Along the way she encounters an intrigue that threatens Aetius, betrayal, battle, and a Frank first counsel who brings a new perspective into her life when their cultures cross.

It was written in the spirit of the Light Bearer and a few other epic historical adventures.

Cinzia

Ian,

Sonic, in theory it is on sale at either Amazon or another thingie on line.. but.........

Sonic, in theory it is on sale at either Amazon or another thingie on line.. but.........

It's available for pre-order at several outlets. However, despite the fact that some may be advertising it as for sale instantly, this is a bit difficult as it is only last Friday that I sent in the corrections that needed to be made to the cover! If they are unhappy at telling the truth, I would expect the sellers to make some excuse to cover the 'delay' in sending the book out, such as it being 'out of stock', or 'delayed due to delivery problems'. ;)