UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
pompeius magnus

Favorite Movie/tv Show

What is your favorite movie/TV show that is not historical I will start a new thread for that. Mine is Zoolander, great movie with ben stiller and owen wilson, as far as TV show, mine is that 70's show. Look forward to your responces.

Have u seen the British version of That 70s show? its bloody rubbish.lol.Im currently watching the 4th series of 24 and The Contender.Friday Night Lights is the most recent movie i seen which i liked.L

My favorite non historical movie is the original "Godfather". Great acting, great scenes. And I love the theme -- the Sicilian-American immigrants are ruthlessly excluded from Anglo dominated American society, and create their own little secret societies to attain power and wealth.

My favorite TV shows are actually post-modern cartoons that savagely mock modern culture. I loved "the Simpsons" before it got old. I liked "South Park" before they let their success get to their heads. And I love "Family Guy".

I like the big heist movies... Oceans 11, Italian Job, etc.

Mainly I stick with historical though (not necessarily true history but period themes)... A recent favorite is the western 'Open Range'. Also the first time I watched Master and Commander I was only mildly entertained, but I've seen it a few times since (HBO, lol) and I don't find myself changing the station.

currently i am watching True Detectives and i am amazed how good it is

Oh my, this thread is old - it was started almost 10 years ago so it's funny to read what people were watching back in 2005.  :lol:

I'm currently watching Game of Thrones and Hannibal (a bit gruesome but superbly done!).

currently i watch..

...just started with first episode of "House of Cards" and i enjoyed it...

...after three episodes of "The Knick", i am already a huge fan of this series

...The last Ship is not really a groundbreaking event but i must admit i do enjoy it.

...and i cant wait for the next season of  (Mad Men, Game of Thrones and Walking Dead)

The Last Ship  is good old fashioned Scifi  -   but I find some it way to real...the behaviour of people in a destroyed society.

Love NCIS

the 'old' English Murder mystery series.----   Midsommer Murders,  Inspector Gently, 

The Blacklist and Person of Interest.

What is frustrating is so few episodes are made and then repeated and repeated.

Currently watching "The Knick" and "Outlander". I occasionally also watch "Parks & Recreation" for a laugh.

And anxiously waiting the next seasons of "Downtown Abbey" to start this year. Next year, I'll be looking forward to "Mad Men", GOT, and "Orange is the New Black".

Love NCIS

the 'old' English Murder mystery series.----   Midsommer Murders,  Inspector Gently, 

I also used to watch NCIS a lot and then I relocated to another country and stopped because they didn't show it on local TV. Is it still going on or is it just reruns on TV now?

New season starting soon for NCIS and NCIS LA and new series NCIS New Orleans.

But is the original NCIS I really like..

Yes, same here!

Frasier

..yeah thats was a real fun show :)

personally after finishing the second season of House of Cards i was not convinced i will find a quick fix to fill the void, but the recent discovery of "The Bridge -  America" has done the trick, only two episodes in but really amazing stuff :thumbsup:

• Like 1