UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Akinator, the Web Genius

NoJobRob

You think of a person, real or fictional, animated or in the flesh, and it asks you questions until it guesses who it is. It guessed Titus Pullo in 21 questions, and Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne's first guitar player) in 16. Try it out, and see if you can stump it.

http://us.akinator.com/#

It guessed Emperor Hadrian after 42 questions, one of them asked twice, and two other wrong guesses (Caesar and Claudius). Surprisingly, it did much better with his boyfriend Antinous with 22 questions and 1 wrong guess. Vibia Sabina, wife of Hadrian, defeated the game easily, the closest guess was Livia Drusilla, wife of Augustus. It gave up somewhere after 40 questions and several guesses.

The game seems more focused on contemporary people and pop culture as it guessed Taylor Momsen in 14 questions and with the first guess. Even here it asked some useless questions. After establishing that it is a female singer that acted in Gossip Girl it asked me if she was involved in space exploration or *or* :blink:

AI is still pretty stupid.

Anyway, it was a fun way to kill time when I should be working.

Akinator vs. Procrastinator

I had it stumped with Nero, and stumped even worse with Publius Quinctilius Varus. It asked me to add him to its data base, so I did.

• 3 weeks later...