UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Utensils,pencils And Home Appliances

Guest Scanderbeg

Guest Scanderbeg

I was wondering. What did the Romans use to eat? Did they have spoons etc.? WHat kind of plates did they eat on? Also how did they write in those time? I always wondered about this.

Wood tablets were found at Hadrians wall,these were kinda like postcards.Made of two pieces of wood with a string hinge ,so you put the address on the outside right your message on the inside fold the wood over and tie it down with the string to keep your message private.I have no idea what type of ink was used though.L

Theres a example of one in the British Museum.

http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/...-button=summary

Here it is,the Vindalonda tablet.

If u look at the next couple of treasures theres one Horde of silver full of Roman spoons and cooking utensils. hope this helps.L

Roman spoons.ps2654558sl.th.jpg

For the most part, they did. But I'd imagine later on in the life of the city, they would have adopted new ways of doin things.

It amazes me that the Romans used little to no punctuation and the like when writing. And in all caps too... wow.

ITWOULDBELIKEWRITINGLIKETHISALLTHETIMEYOUWOULDHAVEAHARDTIMEREADINGASENTANCEORAWHOLELETTEROREVENAPOEMLIKETHIS

I'm sure, however, that the individual words sort of popped out to them as those English words do to me... but still... I tihnk I'd go crazy trying to read a novel written like that...