UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crispina

Last Battle of the Celts

Too bad this is in German. Before this, I watched a 50min. documentary on Leptis Magnus - also in German. Couldn't understand a word but enjoyed it anyway. :) Leptis Magnus must be a wonderful place to visit.

Thank you very much for posting this and thanks to the spam bot for bumping it :P I am very grateful for all documentaries posted on these boards.

If anyone else decides to watch this, please have a look at this thread regarding the battle of Gergovia, which is dealt with very briefly in the documentary.

A pity the roman shields and armor, for one thing, are about 50 to 100 years off :P/>/>

Well, did you see the helmet that Gaul was wearing, looking like something from the 16th century? :P/>

It's funny seeing how the Roman armour in this documentary is depicted. It's almost a direct copy of Asterix or Trajan's column. The Roman helmets appear to be Attic types complete with the iron loop on the top, exactly as they are depicted on Trajan's column and the Asterix comic books. I don't think archaeologists have found any proof of such helmets existing, although one similar type has surfaced, but not being directly tied to any archaeological site, it is difficult to verify its authenticity.