UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Divus Iulius

Monotheism from the Ashes of Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar was the first historical Roman to be officially deified. He was posthumously granted the title Divus Iulius or Divus Julius (the divine Julius or the deified Julius) by decree of the Roman Senate on 1 January 42 BC.

The name "Divus" is the equivalent to the Greek "Deus", this can be seen in Greek Coins.

472903155_93df05dc29.jpg

Divus Iulius was not a secondary god, but was made equivalent to the highest God of the Roman Empire, Jove.

Temples where built all over the Roman Empire, including Judea.

Here is the Temple Design

19caesar.jpg

templeDivusIulius-1.jpg

Important Details

- Triangle Roof

- Four Pillers

- The Large Star (or Cross, Circle) upon the Top.

In every coin depicting his Temples, they all have these prominent features.

Out of all Regions of the roman empire, Judea where the ones that Honored Caesar the most, Temple Mount was built to honor Julius Caesar, as equivalent to "Deus", or "Iove", and In Classical Latin, the pronunciation of Jove (Iove) is Y-A-W-E [ YAHWEH]. Take note, that "Julius" means "Son-of-Iove" or "Descendant of Iove".

Julius Caesar was essentially "The Son, and the Father".

Julius in Hebrew may render, "Yah-uli-ah", , thus "hall-elujah" (Praise Julius), "Uli-ah" would eventually mutate as "Ilah" or "Allah"

Here is a depiction of Temple Mount

2ndrevolt.jpg

coin_philip2.jpg

- Four Pillers

- The Large Star (or Cross, Circle) upon the Top.

temple1.jpg

jerusalemngposter.jpg

The placed Sacred to Islam-Christianity-Judaism, was originally sacred to "Julius Caesar", the subliminal god of the 3 Religions.

Edited by Divus Iulius

The Star

Comet Caesar and the Great Comet of 44 BC

Edited by Divus Iulius

The Cross

Another important symbol of "Julius Caesar" was the Cross.

caesar_venustrophy2.jpg

RIC_0265a.jpg

Tropaeum%2BBerlin%2BCharlottenburg%2BMuseum.jpg

This is a symbol of "Victory", when the Romans where victorious, they would build on of these, from a Tree, decorate it, using the Armour of the God (Emperor), symbolically crucifying him.

12.jpg

Just read this Biblical passage from "Ephesians 6:10-18" that describes the "Armor of God (Julius Caesar)"

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil

Edited by Divus Iulius

This is one of the strangest series of posts to occur in the Res Publica forum -- it's one image after another with absolutely no historical context provided to constrain its bizarre reasoning. A couple quick points. First, many of the coins supposedly depicting Caesar do not. Some are of Octavian, others are actually Caesar's political enemies (e.g., Lentulus Niger). Second, there's no attempt above to bother with chronology, which is actually a pretty useful framework for understanding history. When you pay attention to little things like chronology, the connection between Caesar's comet and the star of David (not mentioned until over 1000 years after Caesar's comet) becomes pretty tenuous. Finally, there is good medication for schizophrenia, but it requires regular use.

This is one of the strangest series of posts to occur in the Res Publica forum -- it's one image after another with absolutely no historical context provided to constrain its bizarre reasoning. A couple quick points. First, many of the coins supposedly depicting Caesar do not. Some are of Octavian, others are actually Caesar's political enemies (e.g., Lentulus Niger). Second, there's no attempt above to bother with chronology, which is actually a pretty useful framework for understanding history. When you pay attention to little things like chronology, the connection between Caesar's comet and the star of David (not mentioned until over 1000 years after Caesar's comet) becomes pretty tenuous. Finally, there is good medication for schizophrenia, but it requires regular use.

Attacking the Messenger and not the Message, or even bother discussing my points, that is ignorance, i provided the historical archaeology, and found "Patterns" in symbolism.

A statue of Caesar was placed in the temple of Quirinus with the inscription "To the Invincible God." [Divus Invictus].

http://www.unrv.com/fall-republic/caesar-the-god.php

Julius Caesar became the "God" of the Roman Empire, Augustus was "Son-of-God", thus "Julius Caesar" was "Father-God" on par with "Jupiter" (i believe the rendition of Jupiter derived from J-C), Julius Caesar was essentially "The Holy Father", The Father who art in heaven.

The cult of Sol Invictus was said to have been introduced to Rome in the first century AD , In the Julian reform of the Roman calendar,

whom introduced the Solar Calender, December 25, the eighth day after the Kalends of January (VIII Kal. Jan.), was recognized as the winter solstice.

The term "Invictus" , was a title of "Julius Caesar" (as above), so "Sol-Invictus" is really "Julius Caesar as the Sun-God". , after all, he did Introduce the Roman Solar Calender"

Yule was an indigenous midwinter (winter solstice) festival .. Yule (Yule-ius Caesar) ...

SOL_INVICTUS_4.gif

The Rays from the above statue, and many others, have the "7" Rays, July (after Julius) was the Month of Julius Caesar

and the "Rays " also possible stems from the Sidus-Iulium

Divus-Iulius-Komet-Denar.jpg

In the Julian calendar calculations for 44 BCE, the year of Caesar

Edited by Divus Iulius

Compared with The Da Vinci Code or The Last Legion this stuff is pretty good.

This thread about religion is truly miraculous: it has resurrected Cato.

This is one of the strangest series of posts to occur in the Res Publica forum -

Oh, come now, we've had plenty of Caesar=Jesus posts over the years.

Admittedly, this could be moved to the Temple Folder. Moderators ....?

Edited by Ursus

I created this thread to encourage people to look into this further and create more depth, in this research. and look into the Roman origins of Christianity, through "Roman Scholars"... not "Biblical Scholars" (which are different)

Biblical Scholars are the most ignorant and biased of people, they come out with things like "I accept that the Crucifixion/Resurrection of Jesus is an historical Event", and they ALWAYS ignore anything that contradicts the Gospels , or even Corrupt Roman history to fit the Gospel Narrative, they do not realize, that the Gospel is a Story and Poetry written by Unknown Authors.

Through Roman Scholarship, these "Unknown Authors" should have full identities along with "Praenomen, Nomen, Cognomen" along with others work they wrote, some i believe are already discovered.

Edited by Divus Iulius

This thread takes an unusual view of history vis-a-vis monotheism. Personally I cannot say that it is entirely convincing since you seem to have conflated elements of the Imperial Cult with Christianity which most biblical and Classicla scholars see as entirely seperate. There is more indication that the 'Triumphs' which were created with captured armour and weaponary had the form they did stems from a simple need to have some way of placing them on view and/or carrying them about rather than any supposed theological basis.

It really boils down to the fact that in my view you have not proven any causal connection between the diverse elements you have thrown together in this thread - for which reason it has been moved to this thread.

Re a couple of comments above - please remember keep this polite otherwise we will have to consider further moderation to this thread.

Attacking the Messenger and not the Message, or even bother discussing my points, that is ignorance, i provided the historical archaeology, and found "Patterns" in symbolism.

Actually, I did discuss some of your points. Specifically, I pointed out that two of the coins that you reproduced to show a "pattern" linking Caesar to Christ were actually coins depicting Octavian and Lentulus. I'm waiting for a reply on that. While you're at it, maybe you can also provide some evidence that Romans ever saw Caesar as on par with Jupiter, rather than on par with, say, Robigus, the god of mildew.

More importantly, however (and this is the source of my schizophrenia crack), is that your reasoning (like that of schizophrenics) is consistently specious, with arguments of the invalid form, "A is C; B is C; therefore, A is B". By this reasoning, you could argue for anything: "Julius Caesar is a featherless biped; Jesus Christ is a featherless biped; A plucked chicken is a featherless biped; therefore, Julius Caesar and Jesus Christ are plucked chickens." This isn't just a parody, here's an example of what I'm talking about:

The term "Invictus" , was a title of "Julius Caesar" (as above), so "Sol-Invictus" is really "Julius Caesar as the Sun-God". , after all, he did Introduce the Roman Solar Calendar"

Yes, Invictus was an epithet for Caesar, as well as many others before and after him. You might as well argue that since Invictus was a title for Probus, that "Probus Invictus" is really "Julius Caesar as Probus". After all, they were both Romans, both vested with imperium, both featherless bipeds, ad nauseum.

If this weren't bad enough, there's the totally biased comparisons:

The Rays from the above statue, and many others, have the "7" Rays, July (after Julius) was the Month of Julius Caesar and the "Rays " also possible stems from the Sidus-Iulium

Again, this "pattern" is totally illusory. The number of rays depicted with Sol Invictus simply isn't fixed at seven. Sometimes, he's depicted with more, sometimes less. Why not suppose that when he's depicted with 11 rays, that it's a shout out to Caesar's bete noir Sulla, whose games were celebrated in the 11th month. Or when he's depicted with 6 rays, it's a shout out to Caesar's assassin, M. Junius Brutus.

Rather than looking for "patterns" of symbols that support your argument, could you present some logically valid evidence that the source of the Jesus cult had any causal connection to the Caesar cult?

Rather than looking for "patterns" of symbols that support your argument, could you present some logically valid evidence that the source of the Jesus cult had any causal connection to the Caesar cult?

The Temples of the Caesar Cult where the first to be replaced with the Jesus Cult, so Christian Church are thus built upon the Caesar Cult,.

The cult of Divus Iulius, together with that of his filiation Divi Filius, disappeared suddenly with the advent of Christianity. What is particularly interesting is the fact that the caesarea and augustea became the first Christian churches, and consequently the statues of Jesus replaced the statues of Divus Iulius and Divi Filius respectively. The other well-known early Christian churches took the place of the temples of Venus

Edited by Divus Iulius

Actually, I did discuss some of your points. Specifically, I pointed out that two of the coins that you reproduced to show a "pattern" linking Caesar to Christ were actually coins depicting Octavian and Lentulus. I'm waiting for a reply on that.

They are thousands of these coins, sure i could have shown coins only depicting Caesar, the coins are random, the popularity of these symbols popped up after the death of Julius through the popularity of the Divi-Iuli Cult, around the reign of Octavian.

Lentelus - 63BC-14AD

Octavian - 27BC-14AD

These coins predate Christianity, showing Christian-like symbolism, thus relevant.

Edited by Divus Iulius

More importantly, however (and this is the source of my schizophrenia crack)

I knew i would get responses like this, specially those whom are part of the Jesus Cult, this is why people

don't research these topics, for they fear they be ridiculed, do you know many people where killed, tortured whom tried to expose the Christian Roots, they get shoved to one side and ignored, yet all these highly paid "Biblical Scholar" whom spread lies about Roman History are showered with Money

Edited by Divus Iulius

Lentelus - 63BC-14AD

Octavian - 27BC-14AD

Erm you seem to have conflated the dates that Lentulus was alive with the period when Octavian/ Augustus was in power. It would have been more helpful for your argument to have given specific dates in which the coins you have chosen as exemplars were minted.

This is especially so since a letter attributed to Lentulus referring to Jesus Christ is generally believed to be apocraphyl. Come to think of it since Lentulus was dead long before Jesus Christ came to notice that makes any connection between him and Christian beleifs even less likely :unsure: