UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Divus Iulius

Monotheism from the Ashes of Julius Caesar

Lentelus - 63BC-14AD

Octavian - 27BC-14AD

Erm you seem to have conflated the dates that Lentulus was alive with the period when Octavian/ Augustus was in power. It would have been more helpful for your argument to have given specific dates in which the coins you have chosen as exemplars were minted.

This is especially so since a letter attributed to Lentulus referring to Jesus Christ is generally believed to be apocraphyl. Come to think of it since Lentulus was dead long before Jesus Christ came to notice that makes any connection between him and Christian beleifs even less likely :unsure:

Ok, Here are some fresh coins with dates.

RSC_0015-r.jpg

Denarius in name of Julius Caesar, struck under Octavian at a mobile mint in Italy or Cisalpine Gaul, 43 BC.

2127912767_c33ee13abc_z.jpg?zz=1

Augustus. 27 BC-AD 14. AR Denarius (3.98 g, 5h). Rome mint. L. Lentulus, moneyer. Struck 12 BC. AVGVSTVS, bare head right / L

Edited by Divus Iulius

Here is another Coin minted after the Funeral of Caesar

3352114052_d934edb338_z.jpg

L.AEMILIVS BVCA Julius Caesar Venus Dream of Sulla -or- Selene and Endymion Denarius

Denarius. 44BC

It displays the iconography of the funeral with Caesar's effigy as Endymion. The Endymion/Caesar figure was part of the Dionysian/Bacchus rites (cf. the article "Liberalia Tu Accusas!"), and was hoisted from the ferculum onto the tropaeum.

orefusbakkikos3.png

The image above shows a reconstruction of Caesar

Here is a more controversial thesis

The Statue of Liberty

statue-of-liberty-3.jpg

The Statue ressembles, Divus Iulius as depicted here, holding up Victory/Sidus Divus

2127912767_c33ee13abc_z.jpg?zz=1

Liberty, From Middle English liberte, from Old French liberte, from Latin libertas (

Edited by Divus Iulius

Rather than looking for "patterns" of symbols that support your argument, could you present some logically valid evidence that the source of the Jesus cult had any causal connection to the Caesar cult?

The Temples of the Caesar Cult where the first to be replaced with the Jesus Cult, so Christian Church are thus built upon the Caesar Cult,.

Now you're just making up "facts" to suit your argument, aren't you? Can you provide any corroborating evidence for this claim? When exactly did the Temple to the Divine Julius in Rome (or anywhere else) serve as a Christian church? If you've been to the Forum, you certainly are aware that it's not a church today. According to most sources on the history of the Jesus cult, the first churches were those in the homes of Christians. Indeed, Romans heaped scorn on early Christians for viewing their temples as houses of the dead -- which would make it bizarre for them to appropriate Caesar's temple as their very first church. Indeed, even the first churches in Rome itself don't appear until the fourth century CE, long after the original Temple to the Divine Julius had been destroyed.

Which famous man in those days was both a hero and a god as well, long enough before Gospel of Mark was written, so that this

I knew i would get responses like this, specially those whom are part of the Jesus Cult, this is why people

don't research these topics, for they fear they be ridiculed,

Give me a break -- I'm an atheist, and I don't believe in the cult of Jesus. After your Statue of Liberty bunk, however, I now believe in trolls.

Edited by M. Porcius Cato

This thread is serving no useful purpose so is closed.