UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gilius

Index to ancient writings?

I'm looking for a complete index to all Ancient writings relevant to Roman history; does such a thing exist either in book form or online? I would expect it to compehensively list all the works of Tacitus, Pliny, Strabo, etc. Even better would be if the index specified what aspect/periods are covered by each publication.

Edited by gilius

I'm looking for a complete index to all Ancient writings relevant to Roman history; does such a thing exist either in book form or online? I would expect it to compehensively list all the works of Tacitus, Pliny, Strabo, etc. Even better would be if the index specified what aspect/periods are covered by each publication.

My favorite index is HERE

Good find: I've not seen that before, despite several years of online searching.

Good find: I've not seen that before, despite several years of online searching.

Thank you for this very useful index. I have added it to my favourites!

your favorite index is really nice.

your favorite index is really nice.

Thank you very much. However, is there a guide to different sources for different periods/themes? For example the early history of Rome is covered by Livy, but that cannot be the only source as it was written in the time of Augustus. There must be untold Greek authors who can add to Livy's info.