UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
sonic

What books DON'T you want to see?

Why Sonic, are you planning on writing about Alexander the Great next? Maybe you should try Publius Ventidius Bassus...  :naughty:

Thankfully, no!  Alexander has no great appeal at the moment - and I've already signed for two more books anyway.  I think it's safe to say that there may not be enough info on Publius Bassus for a full book ...

But maybe in the future?

I wouldn't mind another book on Alex the great IF it took a new angle. And not just a rehash of events.

I've snoozed through a ton of Nero books that told me nothing new until I stumbled upon Edward champlins work which truly opened my eyes to other aspects of that much written about man.

• Like 1

Any reason why you're interested in Nero, in particular? You mentioned you've read several books about him. Just curious...  :)

Any reason why you're interested in Nero, in particular? You mentioned you've read several books about him. Just curious...  :)

I've read lots of books on Nero because there are a lot of books on Nero if you compare with say Tiberius. Reasons why there are so many I would suggest are manifold: Nero is a known name so an easier sell, first Christian persecution, whopping big fire and Nero is just so gloriously ott!

Plus I write historical fiction on 68/69 ad so it's been research (a most enjoyable research).

Thankfully, no!  Alexander has no great appeal at the moment - and I've already signed for two more books anyway.  I think it's safe to say that there may not be enough info on Publius Bassus for a full book ...

But maybe in the future?

I know which book i really want, and and maybe one day it will be from you, the ostrogoth period from Theodoric to Teia. I would really love to know more about this period...

• Like 1

Plus I write historical fiction on 68/69 ad so it's been research (a most enjoyable research).

Really?? Have you published or are planning to publish any of your writing? Maybe you should post an excerpt here!