UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

ice hockey at the colloseum (in Pula Croatia)

Viggen

I am not sure from an archaeological point of view but from ambiente and style an incredible setting for a hockey game...

this weekend in the ebel hockey league ( the league consist of teams from austria, croatia, hungary, slovenia plus one team from czech republic)

first game on friday Ljubljana vs. Zagreb and than on sunday Vienna vs. Zagreb. considering that this is open air and currently 30 degrees celsius (86F) during the day, i am very curious how the ice will hold up hehe...

A2gLJwhCIAACvAL.jpg

I think it's fantastic the site is stil used for competitive and entrtainment purposes. At least we've not pitching people together in lethal combat, but there is a sense of continuity about this despite the novelty. Now to be really romanesque, can you get elephants to play ice hockey?

That is really really cool! Although it's not the (or a) Colosseum! :hammer: Only the great Amphitheatre at Rome goes by that name.

But damn I'd give a lot to see that game!

I don't think european hockey is brutal enough for this setting. They should bring some NHL enforcers and have them fight the ice skating elephants.

...dont be too sure..., this fight was even featured at EA NHL facebook page...

Klagenfurt (Austria) vs. Zagreb (Croatia) in an epic battle (austrian german commentary)

btw. the austrian TV channel Servus TV (ownd bed Red Bull) shows it live on TV on sunday (vienna vs. zagreb) and if they havent changed their setting everyone can watch it worldwide, so if you can handle german speaking commentators

http://www.servustv.com/cs/Satellite/Article/Servus-Hockey-Night---Live-011259446328599

8:30pm? Well, that's good because I just came in at 3:15pm and figured I'd

missed it. Tried that link you posted but couldn't find a live stream, clicked

on everything. I wonder if I have to register with the site first. Doesn't help

that I don't read the language. :) Are you watching it?

....not sure what went wrong maybe outside of austria people couldnt watch`?

here a little bit on the official online hockey channel, can you see that? (pretty impressive beginning with the amphitheatre light up...

http://www.laola1.tv/de/at/eishockey/erste-bank-ehl/khl-med-zagreb-upc-vienna-capitals/video/428-2585-95183.html