UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Venetian Fighting System!

Guest Scanderbeg

Venice was established in the middle of 5 CE by the inhabitants of the firm ground who were saving from barbarous attacks. The population found a refuge on islands. Islands became a part of the latin culture. Formation of the Venetian state began in 9

Of course, this is correct, but date from 3-4 BC . In 5 BC only roman-etruscan army had use any fighting formation. Square and oval shields were applied in etruscan army and I don't know about use their by venets. The etruscan warriors were depict on the Certosa Situla.

Thanx, Valens.

The bronze Etruscan situla of the Sertosa places in Civic Archaeological Museum in Bologna in room 10 ("The Etruscan Civilisation"). Four warriors depict here. There is the tablet with the inscription "typical etruscan warriors of 6-5 BC".

I prefer to believe my own eyes.

Thanx, Valens.

The bronze Etruscan situla of the Sertosa places in Civic Archaeological Museum in Bologna in room 10 ("The Etruscan Civilisation"). Four warriors depict here. There is the tablet with the inscription "typical etruscan warriors of 6-5 BC".

I prefer to believe my own eyes.

What? If the tablet describing the situla says the warriors depicted are "typical", then it is very incorrect...