UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Divus Iulius

Wives of Titus and Sabinus, Historical Errors?

I have being studying the Flavian Emperors , and i am getting very confused with the Wives of Titus and Sabinus.

Here is my Problem.

Titus Flavius Sabinus (consul 47)

He married Arrecina Clementina, born in Pisaurum, Italy, c. 12 AD, daughter of Arrecinus and wife Tertulla and sister of Marcus Arrecinus Clemens, and had one son, also called Titus Flavius Sabinus, and one daughter Flavia

Emperor Titus, Son of Vespasian

He Married Arrecina Tertulla, Tertulla

I am hoping to attract some interest in this topic to revise this part of history, but they a lot possible errors regarding the Flavian Family

For example on every site, they seem to suggest "Titus Flavius Sabinus" (brother of vespasian) was married to "Mariamne" or "Arria the Elder",

and had a daughter named "Arria the Younger", whom had a Son called "Arrius Piso", what evidence is there, for this ?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bhusler/Bill/Reunion/Web%20Cards/wc01/wc01_139.html

I can see that its written that Sabinus married "Arrecina", and Arria the Elder married "Caecina Paetus", and there offspring was Arria the Younger,

or "Arria Caecina",

Now compare "Arria Caecina" with "Arrecina"

ARR_ECINA

ARR(ia) (Ca)ECINA

Now concerning "Paetus"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Caesennius_Paetus

The Above (Paetus) married Flavia, born c. 30, daughter of Titus Flavius Sabinus and wife Arrecina Clementina

whom had a son called "Lucius Junius Caesennius Paetus" who married Arria Antonina, maternal aunt of Antoninus Pius, and had a son Lucius Caesennius Antoninus.

So now the Flavian Family bridges with "Antoninus Pius".

I am pretty certain there are Errors with these historical records, and they need to be revised and revisited.