UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crispina

Some comedy tonight! er- Sunday afternoon

A local high school is presenting "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To the Forum" as their musical this year. This school has an excellent drama club and always provides great entertainment for being only high school students. A friend of mine is in charge of the choreography. Anyhow, buying tickets for this Sunday's matinee. Too bad the chariot chase scene from the movie can't be done on a high school stage. Cracks me up. :lol:

Don't be too surte I vivdly remember being involved in a school production years back that managed to get the 'impression' of a moving wagon over on stage - you just have to suspend a lot of disbelief;)

Hope you enjoy it however they do it B)

Do report back please, Crispina.

Don't be too surte I vivdly remember being involved in a school production years back that managed to get the 'impression' of a moving wagon over on stage - you just have to suspend a lot of disbelief;)

:D :D :D And just how were you "involved"? pray tell - which character did you portray or perhaps you had the interesting job of set design? cool.

As promised. Photos from the play tonight. For high school kids, they did an amazing job with dialog and songs. However I had a completely different image of what Pseudolus should look like! (he's the one in the purple striped pants) :D No chariot chase, just an awful lot of running around the stage and through the theater aisles. Most disappointing was the fact that the audience turn out was very small, being a Sunday matin

Edited by Crispina

Lovely, vibrant set and costumes. Thanks, Crispina.