UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

We apologize of the downtime the last couple of days. The exact cause behind the failure is not known to me at this moment, but I will make sure you give you all the information I get as soon as I ever can.

Further on, it is our hope that it has caused no inconvenience beyond a slight UNRV abstinence.

The Legatii

The problem appears to be an overload of resource usage... we're working with the host to identify the exact cause and to eliminate it.

Hope to have this fixed soon, but there might be short term issues.

PP! :o/>/>

Just my reaction :P

And thanks for letting us know what is going on, we've been a little bit out of the loop lately.

Hi guys! :)

While none of this makes any sense to me, here's what I did:

I made some recommended changes to the robots.txt file that should slow down the numerous indexing bots that are rummaging through the site. Hopefully that will keep the host from shutting us down due to overloading the system.

I find the new edit environment here very unstable... esp when going beyond the simple post-now mode.

Hi Caesar Novus,

could you further explain "very unstable", please bare in mind through the DNS switch (some techinical stuff where the domain is pointed to a different server) it might be a bit choppy the next couple of hours...

the editor can strobe on me between wysiwyg (sp?) and html, and double enters the html. May be a bad interaction with win8 ie, which yahoo tells me to abandon. Possibly when clicking in the edit area, some buttons emerge from under the cursor and get activated by accident. Often get strikeThru font for instance. Hard to unravel... limping thru on firefox a bit better

I see, well i cannot reproduce any of those errors, i have though Win7, I tested in IE9, Firefox 21 and Opera 12

Have you tested with other browsers?

I'm also using Win8, but I use FireFox.  I'm not seeing problems so far with the WYSIWYG, but I'm still testing things out.

That being said, it is still frustrating to hover over a link in the 'View New Content' page, and the color of the link changes to black, not white or another light color.  That needs to change; it's too hard to see links.

Viggen, any reason given for the massive delay?

EDIT: I just tried the editing function, and that seems to work ok, too.

Edited by docoflove1974

That being said, it is still frustrating to hover over a link in the 'View New Content' page, and the color of the link changes to black, not white or another light color.  That needs to change; it's too hard to see links.

like Docoflove1974 ,  my old eyes have difficulty with this colour scheme.