UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Crispina

Has the UNRV format changed or is it just me?

IPS Community? Am I lost, in the wrong place? I don't see any other posts addressing the change.

A garden forum comminity I frequent also changed formats as of yesterday and threw everyone in a teezy over there. :)

Sorry everyone... we have determined that some of the site load problems (and outages) we've been having are related to forum spam and bot activity.

Therefore it's necessary to upgrade the forum and the security features.  While it looks strange for the moment, hopefully it won't be too much trouble.

In the coming days, we'll get the look reskinned to the more familiar theme.

I am so happy that you guys are doing this and wish that I could help!

Phew... I nearly stopped taking the pills for just a moment there :D

the work is in progress,

here how it will look like... :=) (thanks to our new coder)

screenshot688.jpg

So glad I saw this post poking its head out- I too seriously froze from shock thinking Go Daddy was putting the sight up for bid or something!

I do miss the ability to look at recent (as opposed to 'new') posts . . . unless I'm missing something.

By the way, I'm loving that link, because you can set it to 'new posts since I last logged in'.  Great for when I go a couple of days between log-ins.

I'm guessing there might still be some tweaking yet to do (i.e. the color of the links on that 'new content' page mentioned above...it's too dark and hard to read), but I do like this set-up.

By the way, I'm loving that link, because you can set it to 'new posts since I last logged in'.  Great for when I go a couple of days between log-ins.

I'm guessing there might still be some tweaking yet to do (i.e. the color of the links on that 'new content' page mentioned above...it's too dark and hard to read), but I do like this set-up.

Yes please do let us know about all issues, the quicker we know them the faster we can get them fixed..

Finally I see new topics marked in bold letters. With the old forum I could see only the posts within the last 24 hours but sometimes I couldn't check the forum for more than a day and then I got lost what's new and what not.

the new color gives unreadible topic titles in my tablet... almost zero contrast of dark brown over dark, dark grey

post-4193-0-80034200-1361403361_thumb.png

(clic the pic)

Edit... now when i switch to a laptop some contrast can be seen in my pic... but on a pretty powerful large tablet, the text vs background colors show almost no difference

Edited by caesar novus

It seems to be rendering fine on my ipad via safari and on my Kindle HD
via silk. I have a Blackberry Playbook but can't check it since it's on the island of Kaui in
Hawaii at the moment [with my brother]. Maybe I should fly out there to get it, anything for an excuse to visit Hawaii!

I notice an RSS feed for blogs is fine but there is none for posts on the forum though it says so on the RSS link: "Ancient Roman Empire Forums Blogs RSS feed".

EDIT==> NOTE... The problem comes in the new posts mode. Also the font for the post edit button is near invisible light grey.

It's still a brutal lack of contrast of color or intensity, even on my brand new convertible laptop (Lenovo yoga 13, the most cool but buggy morphing tablet). If it just temporary on the way to the example posted earlier, that's fine. But as now if you don't have the most recent or whizzy design, the colors can fold together to look about blank.

And that's not even accounting for vision issues. Good vision is actually a mirage... your eye is actually transmitting a messy image due to many things, like the spaghetti cluster of nerves that connect on the front rather than back side of the sensors. And middle age folks go thru a jelly detachment (PVD) that puts more or less debris floating around. Your brain rebuilds and cleans up the image best it can, but it is a fragile process that can suddenly be overwhelmed. Then you see the real mess, and can benefit by strong font contrast.

I have always hated the black and white extreme contrast, but have rarely encountered the opposite low contrast extreme or support of it.

Edited by caesar novus