UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caesar novus

ancient rome on community tv

You know how cable tv is forced to carry a bunch of amateur local channels at your expense... usually an outlet for cranks and kooks? Well, we have a quite redeeming one that often covers some travel to ancient roman sites, but unfortunately in low def like this one on pompeii . That is a youtube version, but there should be a nicer vimeo version somewhere.

Anyway, I noticed more recent versions are stored online in higher def. Look at this amazing coverage of a tour of much of the archeo part of Rome by segway. My point is NOT to show the novel segway transportation, or the fact that it is a vacation type tour, or even the slightly fractured explanations by the well meaning Italian or US guide. What looks strange? Holy cow, the crowds are sparse enough to see the sights, let alone plow thru them on wheels.

I think the trick is they traveled in the fall/early winter rainy season and chanced upon a clear crisp day. Other parts of that trip were deep into gloom and wetness... but for this we can reap the benefits below.

And as a bonus, I will include one of his Venice clips... not showing the best of venice or music, but the best hair flipping accompaniment of classical music (in the vivaldi chapel I think).

EDIT: WHY CAN'T I MAKE THE LAST 3 LINKS CLICKABLE? I HAVE NO NEED FOR THE VIDEO INSET ANYWAY.

Edited by caesar novus

And the very first again by vimeo (really sharp when you click fullscreen icon), and the last bonus unclickable ...

Rome 1 http://vimeo.com/54083907

Interlude  

EDIT... HeHe, it's fun to watch the pairs of two videos running at the same time.. i can rotate my convertible laptop screen sideways for good large view of both.

Edited by caesar novus