UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Forum errors that should be fixed

Hello,

we need your help, since the transition and the change to the updated forum software there are still a few issues....

If you encounter one, please make a precise description and preferably with a screenshot. That way we might fix the problem the quickest...

happy bug hunting...

viggen

When you click in a reply textbox anywhere near the top 20%, a couple thick rows of buttons appear under your cursor and instantly activate whatever button was under your cursor. This can lead to a bouncing in and out of modes you don't even comprehend. It may not be a bug, but a "feature" where we must remember to illogically click way below where we want to type.

If it makes any difference, it happens in an unavoidable browser for large win8 touch screen devices... only IE is FULLY adapted to running without a keyboard, even though it is buggy, annoying, and requires running in desktop mode to get anything done. You may not notice this problem with a keyboard, but if you have to click somewhere to bring up virtual keyboard, then you then have to click the textbox to refocus.

The main issue for me occurred from the color change before the downtime, and I posted a screen shot at the time. It is the font found in the new-posts mode and elsewhere, but nobody is troubled by it... yet. The lack of contrast is brutal when brown over dark grey... there is NO intensity contrast. To rely only on color contrast is russian roulette until you move on to a device that folds those colors closer together. Grey isn't even a color, so it isn't a color blindness issue. Someone recently complained about the hover color being black... at least then there is an inherent intensity difference between black and dark grey and I find that at least readible. Changing the soot grey to lighter or the soot brown to brighter would help.

Still can't post pictures. Most of my posts involve images, so until then, ....

@guy, the maximum upload limit was 40 MB, i increased it now to 80 MB, you should be able to post images, let me know if it works...

for all members that struggle with certain parts of the color scheme;

there is at the bottom a link called "change theme" , just click on it and choose IP board, it will have the default colors of invision, maybe that helps as a temporary solution...

cheers

viggen

@guy, the maximum upload limit was 40 MB, i increased it now to 80 MB, you should be able to post images, let me know if it works...

for all members that struggle with certain parts of the color scheme;

there is at the bottom a link called "change theme" , just click on it and choose IP board, it will have the default colors of invision, maybe that helps as a temporary solution...

cheers

viggen

Yes, that change in color drastically helps things, especially in the 'View New Content' page.

Thank you for the help.

Nevertheless, I am still unable to load pictures, even pictures I have loaded before.

Here's the message I get:

"The server returned an error during upload."

Thank you for your attention.

guy also known as gaius

test

it seems no one can right now upload images, i notified the host about it, seems like the transition made some unwanted changes,  i keep you up to date...

I can no longer find any way to display and thus edit any html in a post in it's text form. Is there a way to escape the wysiwyg edit environment that I have missed, or is this a feature?

Examples: I can type in to bracket pictures (so they don't have to be uploaded), but will disappear and cannot be changed in the reedit post mode. Or if I use the quote button, I can never adjust it in

form... only in highly unstable wysiwyg form, where you can mangle things irreversibly in a second.
Edited by caesar novus

test

it seems no one can right now upload images, i notified the host about it, seems like the transition made some unwanted changes,  i keep you up to date...

Any update concerning posting pictures? I still cannot.

guy also known as gaius

test

Any update concerning posting pictures? I still cannot.

guy also known as gaius

Hi gaius, i am aware that it is not working yet properly, we have adressed several things (without effect) but i think we soon have it fixed...

I am really sorry for the invonvinience...

cheers

viggen

Jesus, i did it! :)

uploads should work again,

feedback appreciated!

ScreenShot1108.jpg

post-3665-0-05514000-1372998815_thumb.png

(Carausius, rebel emperor of Britain and Gaul)

Good to know. Thank you.

guy also known as gaius