UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

I like an extreme and I prefer extreme sports: rally, gliding, a mountain bice, etc. I make high-risk acts and have luck. But frequently in a daily life there are annoying troubles which cause more harm, than my extreme. For example, I can do a parachute jump and land without harm for my health, and next day twist a foot going downstairs. :angry:

Should my life be extremed constantly?

Is there a limit for luck?

Did you do any mad acts in your life? How much are you luck? :(

I suppose, considering I'm not particularly fond of heights, that my most 'extreme' moments include bungee jumping over a cement parking lot and sky diving. I'm not rather proud of an ill advised attempt to ski at Vail, CO since I'm a novice skiier at the very very best. Sure it was fun, but considering my extreme lack of skill, I'm lucky I'm still not laying in a broken lump in the Colorado foothills.

I like to consider myself fairly athletic and I've been fortunate never to have been seriously injured (except for one major knee problem playing American football). I seem to have more problems stepping on my children's toys and twisting my ankle than playing a few hard games of racquetball. I think when we are doing some athletic, are minds and bodies are focused on the task at hand and we are prepared for the bumps and bruises that come. Just living day to day we aren't really on the look out for the little things that can cause us physical trouble I suppose.

I don't take any risks that don't seem logical. I've nearly had an accident several times on crowded interstate roads, and I figure why push my luck.

Heh I used to do TKD before I moved...I sparred (and TKD people kick HARD) but I never got seriously hurt. Bruises, yes, but when I should have been laying on the floor crying, I was still kicking the living daylights out of whoever it was (and people hated to spar me ::grins:: ) and yet, I fall on my stairs AT LEAST once a day. :angry:

I had a accident a t work,the tool i was using exploded and a piece of steel burst my eye.I was very unlucky because the thing blew up (manufacturing fault were the grinder was made).I was very lucky because the surgeon was very good and he was able to save my eye,i have a artificial lense now,so i cant see very well but i dont look daft :(:angry: (glass eyes never look right do they)

L

Do you think luck evens itself out?

Aww...well I'm glad you can see. I had an accident at work that was very unlucky and kind of funny in retrospect. I hit my fingers with a rubber mallet (the kind that is weighted with birdshot) and they bled so much that I fainted and when I woke up my supervisor was standing over me and I had a concussion :angry:

Did you do any mad acts in your life? How much are you luck? :(

No to the constant extremed. You'll treat the thing you're doing with familiar contempt and then really hurt yourself.

Yes, you luck is limited by how much you think you're pressing your luck. ("Am I pressing my luck with this? WHAM!!...urg....*thud*)

Mad acts? Climbing up and into a fifth story room to surprise a girlfriend, shooting bottle rockets at police helicopters, blowing up a small concrete blockhouse with homemade explosives as debris shot past us while running away from too short a fuse (and reading the local papers blaming it on a "freak sonic boom")...nah, never did anything mad. :(

Don't get too extreme now-a-days, can't let my son see a bad example :angry: . Just wait till retirement though.

Hmmn, well I've experienced an improbable amount of extreme situations for one person but unfortunately none of them were of the recreational variety.

I've written off several cars, most spectacularly crashing at 90 mile an hour on the motorway. I flipped maybe 15 times and skidded down the road for what seemed like ages on my roof. It was cool though, I wasn't really hurt and it was quite an interesting experience.

To be honest most other extreme things that have happened to me have come about from dodgy situations that don't make for fun stories and which I'd be better off not sharing with the forum ( y'all might not like me anymore, lol ). Basically I used to have pretty hectic lifstyle which involved pushing my luck regularly. Happily though, as it turned out I had a healthy supply of luck to push. :)

I have a few scars and have had a few broken bones and such but all things considered I'm in tip top shape and I'm very lucky to be so. Actually thats a bit of an understatement, I am without doubt one of the luckiest sons of bitches there is. Its like no matter what idiotic and dangerous situation I put myself into there is some God who watches over me specifically, its fabulous :D.

I generally take it easy these days though, which is probably a good thing cos there may be a limit to how much luck you can get.

I've played sports all my life but I can't say anything particularly extreme happened there. A few bad tackles and some muscle injuries, thats about it.

Nope, it should be balanced by chillage :( Otherwise the extreme will stop being extreme to you, and you'll move on to the plain stupid.

I guess so, but I haven't reached it yet. ;)

Do you think luck evens itself out?

I think it should be. That happened with you should not take place. Therefore the surgeon was good and could help you.

Yes, you luck is limited by how much you think you're pressing your luck. ("Am I pressing my luck with this? WHAM!!...urg....*thud*)

Yes, it happens. While success was on my side. Sometimes I feel, that is necessary to stop, but I can not yet.

Me being only 12 i enjoy doing dumb things. I Like juping out of trees and seeing what the safest way to fall is or at least less painfull. And ive never been hurt beyond a crape. So you mitre say im lucky but i dont remember the last time somthing hapend to me.

I'm not very extreme at all. My fear of heights and my distrust of long stretching cords prevent me from trying something as daring as bungee jumping. (Ironically though, I enjoy roller coasters and plane rides.) As for extreme sports, I've always steared clear of them. Save for skiing, which I attempted a few years ago, and had a bit of fun with after a few hours. More regular sports I have no problem with. Played a bit of everything my first year in high school (that being said, I wasn't especially good at any of the sporta I played :lol: ), though I switched pretty much exclusively to track for my last three years.

I suppose I've been pretty lucky and very stupid. I used to backcountry snowboard in avalanche areas a lot in highschool. I thought riding off cliffs was fun and that ski resorts were great places to race my friend. Other mishaps include falling asleep at the wheel on the highway, exploding items at work, the accelerator sticking open on my car, and basically college - all of which turned out fairly well - so I guess I can't really complain. :lol:

I think there is no necessity to be engaged in extreme sports if there is no internal predisposition to this. There are many different fields where someone can realize himself.

I suppose I've been pretty lucky and very stupid.

I wonder that lucky and stupid are together very often.

I used to backcountry snowboard in avalanche areas a lot in highschool.

I had any personal experience of this. :blink: Alas!

Did you do any mad acts in your life?

Well, if that includes driving on an italian motorway then I did lol =) otherwise no, I'm not into extreme sports and things like that

How much are you lucky?

Luck came over for a cup of tea 10 years ago and I haven't seen her ever since lol

well i think luck is differnt for everyone. I have amazingly odd luck. Like i will not make yellow lights and i wont ever find money on the ground but I will win a truck. So my luck by passes all th small thigns and rewards me with big things. Also most stupid risks i take pay off. SO i am not complaining.