UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Gladiators of the Arena

AussieConvict

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, just saying hi!!! I am currently working with a team on a game based in Rome.
I was once dicussing with a friend who was doing history about roman games. Basically it came down to
the fact that there's just so many options - if one were to follow the exact time-lines, it's almost endless.
We'd like to incorporate as much of history as possible with out project, Gladiators of the Arena.

It's currently work in progress, many things to update.
Too me, games can help with learning things via association, as well as being entertaining.

cc4b4d13161af4165b7b3a0a1851ee0f_large.j

What's with the columns? I don't know of any Roman arena that obstructed the view of the combatants like that. If they existed, then there was a practical purpoise, such as hanging nets to keep animals from getting into the crowd (which I seem to remember did happen in at least one case). Also your arena is rather large (most were quite modest in size) and there's no awning to keep the sun off the audience (who I notice aren'rt present in that practise session ;) ).