UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crispina

Lindsey Davis and Simon Scarrow

I just read this on Lindsey Davis's website, was on her list of upcoming events, where she will be:

Saturday 2 November

Wish I could be in Cambridge on the 2nd November.

Is that far from you, Ghost? I guess I could go read a map.

I finished "The Ides of April" long ago but never expressed an opinion or gave a review. At first I had a somewhat difficult time getting into Albia's character. I mean, I knew of her from the Falco series but for some reason in her adult role I couldn't quite like her. Does that sound terrible? And I pretty much guessed who the killer was right away, unlike the other books where there were so many twists and turns. BUT - I did enjoy the book overall. Read it very quickly as usual. It was great hearing her speak of her mother and father and describing the flat where she lived. Remember it well from the Falco novels. By the end of the book I was looking foward to more of her adventures. 

Cambridge is about three hours away (by train or car) from home. However There's a chance I'll be working away in early November . . . Probably nearer to you than Cambridge, Crispina.

Edited by GhostOfClayton

Lindsey Davis came to Minnesota one year not too long ago. I wanted to go so bad but it was a cold winter and at that particular time there was very heavy snow, nearly a blizzard.  Forgot about your possible trip here in November.  It will be here before you know it.