UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GhostOfClayton

May his bones rot

Talk to anyone in Northumberland, site of much of Hadrian

Have you called an Orthodox Jewish Synogague? I believe they are more than willing to curse Hadrian over the phone for you. If you  ever want to hear a American trash talk Denmark, give me a call. I also know a few Greeks who can talk trash about Turks, and some Han Chinese who hate loudmouth Koreans.....

It's usually not hard to get people to curse people they hate, most are delightfully helpful. Only words I know in Bosnian are a horrible rant against your hypothetical sister. People open up to strangers when asked for such details. It's because human nature is essentially good and altruistic, they want you to succeed.

So call up a local Orthodox Jewish Synogogue. 

I daren't (if I'm honest).  Perhaps if I lived in North London, it wouldn't be so much of a problem.  Not quite the orthodox Jewish Community in North Lincolnshire.

It was for a talk I was doing on Hadrian's worst attrocities.  I did the talk to a few groups, and got by without it, but another group keep making the occasional rumbles that they'd like me to come and give it to them, so the question still stands.  I think i have it written down in Hebrew somewhere.

...well maybe some one in the social media knows... i asked around...

Thanks, Viggen.  Let's see what comes back.

Hadrian was generally regarded as a benevolent and enlightened ruler, except where the Jews were concerned.
I am not sure if he simply never understood them, or understood them and absolutely despised them.