UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
guy

What Song Are You Listening to Now?

Interesting Italian Metal:

guy also known as gaius

Edited by guy

Haven't had much time for music of late but I must admit to a few repeqated listens of Rumours (Fleetwood Mac). Classic album, not usually the sort of thing I listen to, but an album of contrasts that is deeply attractive, hence the success of it. Although the actual events of the album (the breaking relationships within the band) don't necessarily come across if you don't know about them, you do pick up the emotion and a sense that the artists wer trying to say something besides sell albums. Everyone should listen to this album at least once in their lives.

Haven't had much time for music of late but I must admit to a few repeqated listens of Rumours (Fleetwood Mac)....Everyone should listen to this album at least once in their lives.

If I could make a recommendation: The album by Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks before they joined Fleetwood Mac is the true unknown classic. Although I try to avoid sentimental rock crap, I think these two tunes would make even someone with a cold heart cry:

guy also known as gaius

Edited by guy

If I could recommend an early (pre-Buckingham Nicks) Fleetwood Mac tune.

This song should never be played while under the influence of a hallucinogen:

guy also known as gaius

Edited by guy

Well, off to Las Vegas tomorrow. I was going to see Jeff Beck and Brian Wilson. I admire Jeff Beck, but I just didn't want to hear his noodling Beach Boy songs. So, I decided to see Steve Vai, someone who still entertains and amazes his fans:

Edited by guy

Hmm, the above version of quiet storm is longer and overproduced compared to the softer version on my tablet. I guess I want to substitute this ethereal raga, with the warning that you have to wait a long time for the payoff climax. Either put it on a hidden tab to listen in background, or listen to the end, then the beginning. There ought to be a tool to play raga music files backwards for those of us wanting instant gratification.

Also I couldn't find a worthy music clip of this god of jazz piano, but found a very wise interview session (with a dufus interviewer).

This song is getting my Roman juices flowing. (Can you feel the grandeur that was Rome?  :thumbsup: )

guy also known as gaius

• Like 1

I recently downloaded a couple of songs from Bastille (this band is growing on me!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P8VXfhWHFA 

and

Right this minute I'm listening to Vote WIth A Bullet by Corrosion of Conformity.

• Like 1

Hmm, "Vote with a bullet"... sounds very uplifting!  :unsure:  :P  :whistling:

Austrian summer music, with a dash of brazil :)

I'm off in a few hours for my drive thru the desert to my spiritual home, Las Vegas.

This video always inspires me for the drive:

I'm always amazed that the Ancients would make arduous treks thru similarly harsh conditions (but certainly not as comfortably or quickly) centuries ago.

guy also known as gaius

• Like 1

Although I'm not usually a big fan of electronic dance music, this song is catchy as one drives 80+ mph through the desert. Give the song a few seconds, then, be transported to Ancient Rome:

guy also known as gaius