UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Publius Minius Mercator

Nova Roma

To back my friend Ursus up.

I looked into Nova Roma for a bit but never did join it.....because it seems a little absurd. I mean the idea is wonderful don't get me wrong......but if you want to honestly create a new Roman State then you got to have millions even billions of dollars to start up the building projects. I may build Pagan Temples one day but thats if I get ALOT of money.....and thats a maybe!

I don't like these Intertnet Micronations because they become severally cult like after a while. Thats why I don't join Pagan Soceities on the web because I know they will never become anything or they will become severally cult like and physco. If you want to expand Pagan Faith then you got to go out into the community (I intend to do that) get donations, try to convice people that your faith is right, set up a theology for it and have a meeting place. Over the web......you can get alot of people but you don't really know who they are...most are fat nerdy guys that are just looking for a good time to escape their horrible, miserable lives and live in a fantasy. (Thank the good gods I am not one of those people)

Not saying that about Nova Roma of coarse.....maybe Nova Roma is different you know, maybe it could become something.... but I doubt it. I did look into the site and did see you have 10 barren acers in Texas. Thats intresting......but I don't know if anything will become of it. I fully intend to get Roman Paganism going again but not over the web thats just plain silly. lol

Anyway....the guy from Nova Roma......I encourage you to ditch it and talk to some Real life Pagans.....Me, Ursus, Farnir, Fatboy and some others I don't remember. Come talk to people who arn't even Pagans we got alot of atheists and Catholics and others Christians and all sorts of faiths here. Whether your black, white or any other race or support a certain politcial group. We here at UNRV strive for ONE COMMAN GOAL...not to rebuild a Roman State but to study it as best we can....

For we belong to UNRV Roman History Forums and are sole purpose in life is to form an anyansis of Roman History. Noting more and nothing less. I love UNRV.

Anyway, stay here Publius......you won't regret it.

Ave Atqua Vale,

Zeke

I sure will stay :D UNRV is very interesting!

To back my friend Ursus up.

I looked into Nova Roma for a bit but never did join it.....because it seems a little absurd. I mean the idea is wonderful don't get me wrong......but if you want to honestly create a new Roman State then you got to have millions even billions of dollars to start up the building projects. I may build Pagan Temples one day but thats if I get ALOT of money.....and thats a maybe!

I don't like these Intertnet Micronations because they become severally cult like after a while. Thats why I don't join Pagan Soceities on the web because I know they will never become anything or they will become severally cult like and physco. If you want to expand Pagan Faith then you got to go out into the community (I intend to do that) get donations, try to convice people that your faith is right, set up a theology for it and have a meeting place. Over the web......you can get alot of people but you don't really know who they are...most are fat nerdy guys that are just looking for a good time to escape their horrible, miserable lives and live in a fantasy. (Thank the good gods I am not one of those people)

Not saying that about Nova Roma of coarse.....maybe Nova Roma is different you know, maybe it could become something.... but I doubt it. I did look into the site and did see you have 10 barren acers in Texas. Thats intresting......but I don't know if anything will become of it. I fully intend to get Roman Paganism going again but not over the web thats just plain silly. lol

Anyway....the guy from Nova Roma......I encourage you to ditch it and talk to some Real life Pagans.....Me, Ursus, Farnir, Fatboy and some others I don't remember. Come talk to people who arn't even Pagans we got alot of atheists and Catholics and others Christians and all sorts of faiths here. Whether your black, white or any other race or support a certain politcial group. We here at UNRV strive for ONE COMMAN GOAL...not to rebuild a Roman State but to study it as best we can....

For we belong to UNRV Roman History Forums and are sole purpose in life is to form an anyansis of Roman History. Noting more and nothing less. I love UNRV.

Anyway, stay here Publius......you won't regret it.

Ave Atqua Vale,

Zeke

I sure will stay :D UNRV is very interesting!

PS:

I personally see Nova Roma as a great way to learn everything there is to learn about Roman life. Not by reading about it in books (which can of course be very interesting) but by living it! That is why I joined Nova Roma....

also NR organises all sorts of activities: e.g. excursions such as the one our provincia Dacia has held: http://www.dacia-novaroma.org/ulpia/pictures