UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lost_Warrior

Chat Room

This site should have a chat for real time discussions, so that members can get immediate feedback and exchange ideas as well as get to know each other better. (Besides, chats are fun!)

Wonderful! Let's make it. Das somebody like this idea? I think we can discuss more thems and have bright talks.

YEAH......I totally sponser the idea of a Chatroom!! While posting on the forum you could go into the chatroom and see if anyone was in there discussing any topics. I think that is a great idea.

Zeke

I can set up something simple and see how it goes. Although, in my experience, I have not seen something as small scale as this become practical. Perhaps someone would like to set up an IRC channel?

Other boards I post on have IRC channels with a "java client" so that both IRC and "non-IRC" people can access the chat. I don't know anything about how this works so I'll have to leave it to someone else to figure out how it would be set up lol

So Moonlapse??? Where is our chat room!?!?!?!?!

lol

Zeke

Could someone please tell me how to work this? I click on the webchat icon and then I go through the 'motions' but for some reason no chat applet appears. I apologize for the question that probably has a blatantly obvious answer... Woe is computer illiterate me. :D By the way thanks a lot for the chat room Moonlapse. B)

Could someone please tell me how to work this? I click on the webchat icon and then I go through the 'motions' but for some reason no chat applet appears. I apologize for the question that probably has a blatantly obvious answer... Woe is computer illiterate me. :D By the way thanks a lot for the chat room Moonlapse. B)

What browser/version are you using? The chat uses Javascript. Are you using any sort of pop-up blocker? You may need to disable pop up blocking for UNRV.

do you use FireFox? I had the same problem. Then I somehow ended up signed in twice. But no one was on.

Yeah I usually use firefox which automatically blocks all pop ups. I clicked on the chat now link without pressing ctrl at the same time which meant the chat applet was blocked. I did it again holding down control when I clicked and it worked but I was still signed in from the previous attempt hehe.