UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Melvadius

Spam weblink posting removed

I  would remind people that this website is to be used to discuss Roman history not to post multiple links to a personal vanity website especially when the posts are made simply as an excuse to post another link to such sites and do not add anything to what had previously been discussed.

I have just had to remove an extensive post since in effect due to the repeated superfluous inclusion of such links it had become spam.

Thank you for explaining your definition of spam. So why not just edit out the links but keep the topic and warn the offender? Other topics you've locked have not been deleted. My only observation was that the topic started to take a turn for the better after members finally began to analyse the evidence being presented, which was the whole point of the topic from page 1. UNRV does not usually have a problem with discussions relating to all types of religions here; it seems the real reason is that you don't want the general public or visitors to this forum knowing that the Flavians invented Christianity - perhaps due to your own personal views - or potential repercussions for UNRV. Anyway, I'm not trying to start an argument here, but just wanted to express my feelings about your decision to close and delete the topic, which I don't agree with: I find it unfortunate to say the least and a backwards step in the development of reason. However, I respect your wishes and authority here as a moderator.

Just take the time to work on your presentation. Study up on some historical methods and principles. You need time to mature in thought. The moderator didn't outright ban you, which allows you this chance to grow.

In the meantime, study. Study us, and study yourself. Learn a little tact..... a sledge hammer behaves like a wave, swinging back and forth.... you sought in everything the decisive moment of the blow. Thermodynamics doesn't work that way, not in physics, nor in Rhetoric.

Just wait a while, focus on other stuff if your going to post, and grow yourself in terms of being a historian. There has to be other topics your into other than this Flavian stuff. 

I wish you the best. 

One does not need to study, grow or mature to demonstrate or realise something as basic as the Flavian invention of Christianity. I will post a new topic, but will leave out the links, so we can start afresh with our kids' spot the difference colouring book exercises - without offending the moderators.

Edited by gilius