UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

After a long year...

...after a long year i might have found a host and coder who knows whats going on with this forum and can be finally online again...

Its a too long and awful journey of dissapointments and frustation to tell all about it. I am just glad that all posts from over the years have been saved...

cheers

viggen

I am happy to have rescued this community and announce it is currently running on the latest version of the software that it is using and has been upgraded to a better hosting provider to ensure that it will live long and prosper. I am the new hosting provider and developer and if you have any technical questions about the website or issues, please feel free to send me a message via the forums and I will do my best to reply as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Nevo

I appreciate the work people are doing.

I am happy to have rescued this community and announce it is currently running on the latest version of the software that it is using and has been upgraded to a better hosting provider to ensure that it will live long and prosper. I am the new hosting provider and developer and if you have any technical questions about the website or issues, please feel free to send me a message via the forums and I will do my best to reply as soon as possible.

That said, the gallery section of our individual profile doesn't seem to be working. This is the message I get when trying to click on an image on my own gallery:

"Sorry, but that does not appear to be a valid image. If you arrived at this screen by following a link on this site, please notify a system administrator"

Thank you in advance,

guy also known as gaius

Edited by guy

I can't click on any of the images.

guy also known as gaius

• 3 weeks later...

Although I'm able to post images in my original (first) opening posts, I am unable to post images in replies to others' posts.

guy also known as gaius

Edited by guy

post-3665-0-31611700-1397704282_thumb.jpg

Thank you. (Above is a plaque to Nero AD 68 in Corinth. It seems Nero had retained his popularity in the East despite his growing unpopularity, at least among the elites, in the West.)

guy

...good to hear its working now...

surprised to see Nero plaque surviving to be honest, is this along a road for everyone to see?

I believe it is in the walls of the Corinth Canal which Nero had tried unsuccessfully to build.

guy also known as gaius

• 1 month later...

Why do many of the previous posts before the change in server now have strange punctuations inserted in the text?:

http://www.unrv.com/forum/topic/16297-elagabalus-bringing-the-syrian-sun-god-to-rome/

guy also known as gaius