UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Princeps

My Tattoo

Hello, this is my first post. I'm sure I will be returning quite often, as I am an avid fan Imperial Roman history. Anyway, the main reason for me seeking out this site is because I am having trouble finding images of Roman Iconography. I have recently had a tattoo done (it's not finished yet. I'm booked in to get the wing tips coloured black, as well as the beaks, plus the numerals MCMLXXXI above the wings. I'm then planning on getting a couple of corinthian columns below the image with a representation of Gorgon between them).

However, I am having trouble finding decent images for my arms. Can anyone suggest a decent resource for pictures of Roman iconography etc? Thanks.

btw, here is my tattoo as it is atm.

tattoo.jpg

This is a rough representation of what it will look like on July 14th (The tips of the tail feathers will also be coloured, the legs will not, but the claws will).

AquilaLogo2.jpg

I'm not much for tattoes, but I admit your's looks kind of cool. A double headed eagle, that's more eastern Rome than Western Rome, right?

Have you used Google's image search? I found some nice icons of things, like the "SPQR", as well as a few other eagle designs.

::grins:: awesome. i have the SPQR on my wrist...its only in marker (yes, i draw it on every day, crazy, no?) but i plan on getting it done for real at some point.

btw, welcome!

Ditto Ursus on the google image search. Just be sure to poke around the sites and their links. You can find a lot of stuff that doesn't come up in the search to begin with.

Oy! I'm feeling old. You were born the year I graduated from high school. :(

:D

Cool Tat Trajen. I have a Celtic design in black in pretty much the same spot ( well a bit lower down actually ). My personal advice is to get the whole thing filled in black if you want it to look dope.

My advice do not need to make all black as Fatboy advises. You may to shade a few contours, to make blend from light to a shadow. It will make drawing more three-dimensional. It will be with originality.

As to me I'll make tattoo never. :D