UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Win!!! Legio XVII: Battle of the Danube

Viggen

Win!!!

Author Thomas A. Timmes is so kind to give away two downloads of his latest ebook Legio XVII: Battle of the Danube. All you have to do is to answer here a simple question: What was the name of Thomas A. Timmes first novel?

a] Legio XV: Roman Legion at Home

b] Legio XVII: Roman Legion at War

c] Lego XVII: Roman Lego for You

We draw two lucky winners from all correct answers! Winners will be announced here. Competition ends 23rd of December

Set during the 2nd Punic War, this book immerses readers in battlefield clashes, innovative tactics, strategic planning, and inspiring leadership. It starts when Timur, Chief of the Cimbri/Teuton Tribes, leads 300,000 people on an epic six year 700 mile migration through land occupied by hostile and friendly Tribes from Jutland to the Danube River. Timur’s 90,000 man Army crosses the river at night and overpowers the Suevi defenders, whose leader, Bethica, appeals to Rome to repel the invaders. Roman Proconsul Manius Tullus is the Senate’s choice to lead Legio XVII, Legio XX, and two Roman Auxiliary Legions across the Alps into Germania where he is reinforced with 20,000 Suevi tribesmen. Major battles are fought at Augsburg and Landshut before Manius’ Legions face off with Timur’s Cimbri/Teuton warriors at the climactic battle of Regensburg.

• Like 2

The name of Thomas A. Timmes first novel is answer: b] Legio XVII: Roman Legion at War 

Legio XVII: Roman Legion at War was highly recommended to me by a friend.

(We were discussing the work of another author, R. W. Peake.)

I have crossed some fingers!

Hello,

The answer is:

b] Legio XVII: Roman Legion at War

I must admit I had to google Thomas A. Timmes as I had not read his first novel.

I received an email from the forum today, read the new book's synopsis and I can say it caught my interest.

The teutonic/cimbrii/ambrones invasion is a fascinating period in ancient history.

Would like to read the book.

Regards,

Bogdan from Romania